James Bond plays D&D!

Emiricol

ColonelHardisson said:
You must be fairly recent to D&D; Roger Moore was ubiquitous years back. He seemingly did everything at TSR at one time or another. He's another of the "Hall of Fame" designers that I'm happy to see back working on D&D.

New since 1983. Note the smiley face and such - those denote a lame attempt at humor! But thanks for the slight.

Emiricol

Christian said:
Did Roger ever pretend to be completely unfamiliar with the James Bond movie franchise? Just to watch someone desperately try to explain why he/she had just laughed at his name? That would have been highly amusing to watch, I think. :)

That is quite possibly one of the funniest mental images I've had on these boards! Hehe I hurt myself laughing.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
William Ronald said:
It is good to see Roger Moore back in the game. I have played since 1980, so I remember a lot of the old Dragon issues.
And what issues did Dragon have back then? I hope they weren't too severe... :D

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Emiricol said:

New since 1983. Note the smiley face and such - those denote a lame attempt at humor! But thanks for the slight.

No slight was intended. If you were new to D&D, then you would not be familiar with Roger Moore; if you were not new to D&D, then you would know that old-timers such as ourselves had heard the joke before. Either way, there's no reason to be offended, because offense was not intended. How could I know if you were or were not new to D&D? The only way I could have intentionally meant offense is if I knew you were an old school player. Your user name might be a clue, but since the original is spelled differently, it's hard to tell.

Man, I really need to get away from these boards a while, I guess, if I'm starting flame wars unintentionally.

Henry

Autoexreginated
ColonelHardisson said:

No slight was intended. If you were new to D&D, then you would not be familiar with Roger Moore; if you were not new to D&D, then you would know that old-timers such as ourselves had heard the joke before.

Hey, Colonel - with a name like "Emiricol," He can't be TOO new to the game, eh? Although, I somehow thought it was "Emirikol"...

Gary would still consider him a "newbie player," though - he's got to get 29 + years of experience, first... :)

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Henry said:

Hey, Colonel - with a name like "Emiricol," He can't be TOO new to the game, eh? Although, I somehow thought it was "Emirikol"...

Gary would still consider him a "newbie player," though - he's got to get 29 + years of experience, first... :)

Yes, it was with a "k." But, the 1e DMG can be found for sale quite a bit these days - the Half-Price Books near where I live has had from 1 to 2 copies at any given time in the past year or so - so that's not a good indicator. Still, I don't see how I slighted anyone. All I said was "you must be fairly recent to D&D;" not something like "hey dimwit..."

Emiricol

Then, no offense taken, Col. Text is a tough medium in which to convey intent, no? I'm glad I just took your comment the wrong way - not that it was a huge deal to begin with, but always better to clear it up than let a perceived slight simmer.

Anyway, I was 11 when I got that book, and I liked the name but not the spelling (hey, I was only 11!). So, I changed it and I've been using Emiricol as my alias ever since - moreso since I got online in '96. Truthfully, only two people ever got the reference until I started hanging out here, hehe.

It's all the old-timers hanging out here, I suppose ;)

Remove ads