• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[January] What are you reading?

Starman

Adventurer
Still plowing through Sympathy for the Devil.

I finished this. As with most collections, it had some great stories, some okay stories, and some lame stories. I'd still recommend most of it.

Now I'm starting Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. I enjoyed The Road and No Country for Old Men, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Elodan

Adventurer
Currently reading Death's Heretic by James L Sutter.

Finished
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Green-Lantern-Emerald-Warriors-Vol/dp/1401230792/ref=pd_sim_b_6"]Green Lantern; Emerald Warrior[/ame]; Peter J Tomasi
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Green-Lantern-War-Lanterns/dp/1401232345/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1325988412&sr=1-1"]War of the Green Lanterns[/ame]
Quite a twist at the end (essentially a setup for the new 52).

Krug

Newshound
Read this Italian fantasy comic book. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dragonero-Luca-Enoch/dp/1595822917/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326094809&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Dragonero (9781595822918): Luca Enoch, Stefano Vietti, Giuseppe Matteoni: Books[/ame]

Surprisingly entertaining, with a fascinating world that uses both technology and magic, but not enough time is spent exploring the different civilizations. Story is pretty standard; a bunch of heroes, led by a human warrior and an ogre, need to find some items that will stop the invasion of some big bad. Still, great art, and I like that the main human character isn't an over-muscular type.

Crothian

First Post
I read through Hull Zero Three last night. A pretty good science fiction novel about people waking on a ship that is not in their control.

nai_cha

First Post
Have been going through most of Georgette Heyer's works since December. Also tackling Margaret Atwood and the Vorkisigan books.

Jack7

First Post
I went to the library today with my family and despite my best efforts not to picked up some new books that greatly interested me.

Wizard: the Life and Times of Nikola Tesla - on CD

A History of the Popes - I need a good, concise Papal history for a novel I'm writing.

SEAL Target Geronimo

Anna of Byzantium - my children's book reading, this one about Anna Comnena, whom I have studied on more than one occasion.

Go-Givers Sell More

Under the Influence: How Christianity Transformed Civilization

Reamde - by Neal Stephenson. I think Stephenson often over-writes, badly, but man his ideas are often outright brilliant. This looks like a really interesting novel.

Several superhero Graphic Novels

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Valley of the Ancients: Book Three of the Restoration Series by Christopher Williams. For 2.99 books (on Amazon) they have been good and getting better as they go along. Should be finishing it up in another day or two.

Richards

Legend
I'm reading Naked Heat, the second in the Nikki Heat series that's allegedly written by Rick Castle of the TV show "Castle" fame. It's pretty good so far.

Johnathan

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads