• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Japanese guy plays Pachelbel's Canon

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Jdvn1 said:
A friend of mine insists she's heard this many times before than that the guy isn't the original person to do it. Either way, it's still cool.

I can see how that might be true. But until someone can prove it, I say we give the kid his due.

That was awsome! :cool:

KF72

Psionicist

Explorer
Jdvn1 said:
A friend of mine insists she's heard this many times before than that the guy isn't the original person to do it. Either way, it's still cool.

I think the version was first played by Yngwie Malmsteen.

Anyhow, the guy/kids homepage is: http://jerryc.tw/ where you can download a version where he plays the same song without playback / background sound. So he does have some skill.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Nah...you're missing what I'm getting at.

I'm not saying that he's not talented. He is. He has also put in the neccessary hours to be able to shred.

I've got talent. Hell, I've got perfect pitch- but I can't play like that...right now.

I'm saying that talent without practice gets you precisely no progress beyond your starting level. This kid has OBVIOUSLY practiced, slept, breathed, eaten and dreamed guitar for most of his hours for a long time.

Impeesa

Explorer
Skillz. If you like that, fire up your filesharing program of choice or hit up your record store of choice for Trans-Siberian Orchestra's album "The Lost Christmas Eve." Check out the song "Christmas Canon Rock." Just beautiful.

--Impeesa--

Warrior Poet

Explorer
A few months ago I saw Green Day in concert. Great show. Best part of the show was when they brought three teenagers up from the audience to play a song, and turned over their instruments to the kids, showed 'em what chords to play, beat to play, etc. Tré Cool settles one guy in on the drums, starts the beat, no problem. Mike Dirnt passes his bass to the girl, shows her the progression, she takes it from there, the song's building. Last, Billy Joe brings up this kid, probably around 17 or so, and says to him, "You ever been laid?" The guy hems and haws a bit, obviously embarassed, in front of 20,000 people and a band he loves, and starts to stammer something, and Billy Joe just yells into the microphone, "Well, you're gonna get laid tonight!" and hands him the guitar. The arena erupts in cheers, and the kids rip into the song.

This JerryC?

He's gonna get laid.

Warrior Poet

der_kluge

Adventurer
Meh. Pachelbel's Canon isn't terribly difficult to play. I wanna see him play Penderecki's Threnody: For the Victims of Hiroshima.

Then I'll be impressed.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
der_kluge said:
Meh. Pachelbel's Canon isn't terribly difficult to play. I wanna see him play Penderecki's Threnody: For the Victims of Hiroshima.

Then I'll be impressed.
True, but he does a really good job with the Canon anyway. :p

GlassJaw

Hero
der_kluge said:
Meh. Pachelbel's Canon isn't terribly difficult to play.

LOL. Not sure if you are a guitar guy or now but he's using some fairly advanced guitar techniques. Trust me, what he was doing ain't easy. Not by a longshot.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads