Jasper runs Portal and Season 6.

jasper

Rotten DM
Dead in Thay Final Session. Session 8.
I gave the group the choice. Straight to the final boss battle with me bumping it. Or do some xp farming and after 9 PM straight to the boss battle no bump but no rests.
I knew it was going to be an interesting night, my first attacks had a natural 20. And one of the players’ first attacks had a natural 20.
They chose to do the farming. Poor Rogrash he was a wet blanket most of the night. Well. Anytime there was water around he ended up in it. I put them in the pool rooms. The kraken had fun using it toss ability to slam 2 of the pcs across the room but the lightning did the most damage over all. The Naga and Dragon turtle was interesting as I dropped two pcs right off the bat. But between healing and Rogrash taking another bath with the dragon turtle, the combat was about average.
The troll fight I just did group initiative. Trolls won and beat up on the cleric but they were down in the second round. The ghouls were only interesting due to the room modifier.
They were successful in bluffing the way pass the Merrow room.
During the Kuo-toa fight, I rolled a wandering monster check due to the alert level. Some of the players were not happy when Mama Otyugh arrived. So she was undead and being controlled by an apprentice. By the book the Merrow room should have joined in during the third round but as some had burned most of their spells and it was around 9:15 PM, I allowed them to escape to the vault.
My stars, garters, and d20s. A 2 and half hour boss fight which consisted of the DemiLich, and four gargoyles. I did miscommunicate about what they had to destroy. They thought they had to destroy 3 of the Phylacteries first. Also I lost one player to curfew so I removed the remaining gargoyles. The dice hate the party. The party dice hated the party the first three rounds. I was able to use the howl three times in a roll. The gargoyles also got three natural twenties during the same time. Once I saw they were confused about the phylacteries, I gave them back five hit points. Between the lair actions and legendary actions I generally kept two or three prone or zeroed out.
End of the game, three pcs on the floor with everyone thinking it was going to be a tpk. They were able to farm a total of 50,000 plus xp between the boss, the farming and wandering monster check.

THAY FINAL THOUGHTS.
This is not a great AL adventure. The key placement assume the group is either coming in from the top of the map, or the group is going to teleport around the dungeon using the black gates. Treasure can be low if they don't hit the correct rooms. Except for the wandering monster checks, the dungeon is static with some monsters will to switch sides at a drop of a d20.

jasper

Rotten DM
Steading of the Hill Giant session 1 and 2.
Warning Warning Warning. The map was not update to reflect the size of giants. The scale is 1 square equal 10 feet. I would go with 1 square equal 20 feet. Especially if you play with tactical players. I had one who wanted to lock down the hallways when he discovered the map in 10 A. I told my players I would resize the map as I thought was necessary. I am also using the original map from the 1E adventure. Look at the map on 168. room 5 does not have a door.
I also made a goody bag. I typed up the contents of the chart on page 166, it took up a page. Then print out a sheet for about every 3 giants in the series. I also add some surprises. Like one free reroll. I cut the sheets and placed in a bag. Every time they loot a giant they roll 2d4 and pull that many sheets of paper.
Session 1 only had 4 players but were an average group.
Due to the party going on the group was able to get away with a lot of combat. So there a lot of gimme to the groups. The party wipe out the two sleeping guards easily. Then sneak up the west hallway to 19. They bypassed the kitchen and great hall. Room 19 was fun, they shut down the hill giant trying to pick up girls by turning him into a map and then wiped the floor of the females. The normal tactics were silence and darkness in the rooms. (Note due to party going on in the main hall this really does not matter).
The dog pen room 22 was laugh. The druid did not read his syllabus. He sees the number dogs and says he could handle them by himself. SO the group closes the door behind him. OOPPPS. The player forgot he did not get the ability he was going to use for a couple of levels. But a reverse gravity spell and bad die rolls helped.
This is where my dice went back to normal. Lately I generally either roll high or low all the time during the night. The dice on everyone was all over the map.
The druid befriend on of the dire wolves and group explore the eastern side of the strong hold destroying empty rooms as they went. They killed mama bear in room 7.
They knew giants were in room 5, ready some spells and knocked.
When granny with her fluffy pillows open the door they shot gun her in the face, she was able to hit one pc with her pillow she was holding. ( I did rock damage). Then before the round was out she was dead. I did a rule of cool. Any one touching the base of her mini did a dex save. Two pcs failed and were getting crushed under the dead old grand mother giant. Telekinesis got the dead body off the pcs and opened the doorway. And that quickly ended the combat.
So they decided to take a SHORT REST. IN the Maid's Chamber. NEXT TO PARTY CENTRAL.
They did hide in a tidy hut. But bad luck a wandering monster check had some of their handy work discovered. I put 5 minutes on the timer to decide what the giants would do. And started shifting encounters.
They hit the barracks after the short rest. They were not too concerned that the dead bodies were removed from the maid chamber. They were not too concerned that the noise level of the party was down.
They had a map.
They had a plan.
They all turned invisible.
They were cocky.
They opened the secret door to the great hall.
,,,,\
The dm told them to draw out the map adding 20 feet to each side. Then told them to leave the table and not look.
It took me about 10 minutes to set out the minis, the cardboard tokens, and label each piece.
I did enjoy the look on their faces when they saw the hall. I moved the kids in from 3, the hill giant from 2, and spread them out.
Most of them wanted to run. And I did not roll get above an 8 on the initiative. The druid threw reverse gravity again. And again my dice loved the party. Not one save in the AOE. I forgot the second spell the party threw but not much damage. They were smiling. They had this.
Until.
The cloud giant did misty step into the hallway. They did little damage to the cloud giant and I forgot the magic weapon. But the next time the cloud giant swung the sorcerer was zeroed out. And the giants were using the ceiling to try to move out of AOE.
The Warlock grabbed the down sorcerer and dimension door out. Leaving two pcs to run away on foot. To the front door where they found out it was barred. The druid casted insect swarm which gave disadvantage to all attacks. Which was good because before they escaped I was wasted 7 nat 20s on the pcs. They were trapped behind a wall of fire which was burning the door and giants.
Dice hate me. After 4 or 5 attempts to open the barred door (athletics 20) the druid with a -1 to str rolled a nat 20 and they escaped with I think both of them being under 15 hp each.
Dead full hill giants 4, Ogre level giants 9, Wolfs 13. Bear 1. No dead pcs.
The second session on Sunday was 3 person party weak group but lowest pc was 14th level.
I spent time thinking on what they giants would do and how they change the lay out. So since they didn't kill any one in the party hall, I piece meal them out to various locations. The dead giants were buried north of the fort.
The party snuck into the dog pen taking out the 4 giants there. They took the guards in the west hall way in front the grand hall with no problem. Then proceed to murder the kitchen staff. Since the orcs fled north and south part parts of the fort were alerted. I did a rule of cool again and the orcs fleeing north trampled some of the pcs for a little damage.
I had placed the Cloud and Stone giant in room 14. When they heard of pcs fight they tired to flee. The pcs gave chase and combat took awhile.
I let the group decide rule of cool in which the cloud giant escapes and stone giant dead, or continue the combat. They choose cool. So the druid got impaled by a burning heat metal magical great sword.
Giants dead 4, ogres 7.
So now I have to decide on how to rearrange the map again. I do have the monsters holding their magical stuff instead what is locked up or hidden on the first floor.

edit to add.
I gave the players two story awards. The murders of granny will have all full hill giants roll at advantage on them. The ones who stole the cloud giants great sword will have all cloud giants roll with advantage on the pcs.

Last edited:

jasper

Rotten DM
Session 3 and 4 of the Hill Giant Steading.
I have been moving the first level monsters around after the pcs leave for the night. And changing the wandering monster check time.
Session 3 had a 4 person party. They came in the back door through the Kennel. Then they got sneaky. They snuck down and looted both treasure rooms. Ok I did make a mistake and move the treasure from room 31 to 29. The DC for secret doors are a little low at 12. Very little combat happen. About an half hour of real time went by as they discuss how to get 3,354 pounds of loot out of the Steading. Waythe was interesting and the more the person talked about him, the more of the pain the sword became. The player wanted full control of the ego and was occasionally misreading some things. I basically started running the sword like the guys from Orville. The major combat of the night was with Keeper in Room 2 of the Dungeon Level. The player running a sorcerer charged the keeper, and the other pcs close the door behind him. The result was one pc death with it being returned as a rock gnome.
A good part of the session was looking up rules, making me laugh, and just roleplaying .
Session 4.
Only a 3 person party Sunday. This time they decided not to sneak but go to the front door.
Medium Mistake. My best initiative was 15 during the resulting combat. But I had the giants play a little smarter. The group took out one ogre in the first round before the alarm was given. They took out the loud mouth giant in the second around. During the rest of the combat they were able to charm Mommy Grutha with the potion of giant mind control. She took out a giant and hurt her husband. The sub chief charged through the wall of fire to get to the pcs. That did not go well. But.
They were flanked. By the Sgt and 7 ogres. They tried to run but the giants had the range and zeroed out all but the rock gnome sorcerer. I did not want to have a near tpk so I tossed the naked pcs into the prison cells number 2 the engineer, and number 3 the knight. Okay this where there were some rule problems with the NPCS. If you recover all your hit points after a long rest the npcs should too. I just left the npcs at their stated hit points.
Situation two pcs are naked. Chain to a wall. Only verbal spell components. I gave them 1 hour in their cells to come up with a plan. They could not talk to each other. I also did an info dump from each NPC. Player mistake here. The very old fart never did pick his skills. I made pick his skills. He asked for bend bars chance. And rolled a 20. So cell 3 was free.
The druid shape change is mental. Oops stupid giants. At 8 am I began the scene. The Rock gnome was wandering the around room 1 and the treasure rooms looking for the pcs. The secret doors had been ripped off the hinges by Chief Norsa. Action began. This where having one square equals 20 made it better. The knight and Battlemaster beat up the bugbears. The Druid release the orcs. And Combat was fun. Lots of miscommunication between the players. Lots of double moves. They escaped again using the transport via plants.
Two rules of cool I did. On Friday when they were making off with the loot due to the reduce spell. I made them do a Str Saving throw. The poor druid dropped over 800 pds of loot on his toe. And since they could nearly out distance the giants using a double move, I just roll to hit the druid as he was finishing his spell. Result was I zeroed him out as Scotty was beaming him up.
Ok. When They retreated on Day 7 only Chief, the Sergeant, and one other full giant was alive on the first level. The rest were Ogres, or the kids aka orcs. So between 4 sessions they had basically wiped out the top level. They also had the McGuffin to teleport to the Frost Giants. So I gave the players the choice. Continue Raiding, or Frost Giants. They choose Frost Giants. I ruled they found their stuff in the small dining room (10) and during the night the whole Steading ran away. The Chief did leave a note to plea for mercy from the pcs.
The Result. I going have the Chief and the Cloud giant appear in the Frost Giant module.
Oh funny stuff. I type up a series of signs the giants put out around the steading. Some were
By the order of Chief Nosnra the killing of Giants is outlawed.
Peter Parker the Purple Paladin of Pittsburgh says only you can prevent murder hoboing.
Found missing bags. Apply to Bilbo.
Thieves and Raiders must apply for Lye sons. By order of Chief Nosnra.
Wanted for murder hoboing, murder of Granny, eater of dogs, unlawful escape, breaking and leaving. (a bad picture of the drow pc from the first session)
Adventurers need love too! Giants for the Ethical Treatment of Adventurers.

jasper

Rotten DM
Against the Giants Frost Giant Stronghold Session 1.
FROST GIANTS ARE COLD BLOODED!
I had a 3 person group which were average APL level. AVG was 13 versus the level 11 of adventure. Had to make some adjustments due to bad notes.
Since both the Cloud Giant and Chief Norsa escaped, I increase the wandering monster chance and the slip chances. The Frost Giants knew the evil Granny killers, puppy kickers, wife beaters, and uncommon thieves maybe coming they iced up the outside paths.
The first encounter was with the Yetis in Rooms 13. I had to fix my notes as I had the Abominable stats down and not the normal yetis. That was mostly a cake walk even if the gaze attacked worked. They then check out the Misty Cavern where they slipped a lot and were slightly chewed on by the snow tigers from the next cave.
The big battle happen in room 16. Bo, Luke, Buddy, John, and Daisy Mae were not happy to have their sleep disturbed by the party. The brothers attacked in waves which hurt the party. It also did not help the party had roped itself together with 50 feet ropes to prevent people from sliding down the valley. Why the boys were getting kilted, Daisy Mae rolled the boulder from Room 20 blocking the entrance to Room 16. Thinking she was sealing them in. When she heard the dying scream of Bo, she started blocking the passage way from 19 and 20 with chests.
Now two of the pcs had be zeroed or nearly zero out fighting the four Frost Giants. I thought they would at least drink some potions before trying to escape. Poor Linnora (played by John) decides to check out the chests. OUCH! Daisy Mae reached thru a opening in the stack and dragged the Sorcerer through the chests and slammed him against the wall. (okay for real I hit twice with great axe but it sounds cooled). This zeroed out the Sorcerer. Daisy Mae tucked the spellcaster under her arm and tried to leave. The Battlemaster Warlock charged as Daisy Mae tired to back outside. He remembered that Waythe had a special ability and knocked her prone. Two rounds later he is TKOed. And Daisy Mae has grabbed him under the same arm.
Stroman (Les an old fart) has not close with her. Daisy Mae is now at the cliff edge.
Daisy Mae calls for Les to surrender. Or she drop the mostly dead pcs. (At this point John's pc has stabilized but the warlock is still doing death saves.) Les agrees to accept Daisy Mae surrender. But that is not what she meant.
Stroman fires taking her down to 21 hit points. Daisy Mae tosses the pcs over the cliff. SPLAT! 46 points of damage. Which kills the warlock/battlemaster and restarts the Sorcerer death save. Les kills Daisy Mae and recovers the bodies. He then retreats to the hide out. The group decides to take the four day trip to city for a resurrection and slow walk back to Frost Giants stronghold. (note had to pull out the Adventure League DM for spell casting rules Page 5. The player lost 50 days instead of 150 downtime days due to faction rank).
I made no changes to adventure even with the party being gone a total of 8 days.
The group then tried to sneak into room 1 which was a cake walk, the giant from room 2 ambushed one pc and started retreating out the caves to get more help. He was not successful. The group started a short rest which was interrupted but that was a cake walk too.
So 1 PC dead. 8 dead frost giants 7 dead monsters.
This adventure on the first level is set up for the group to make attacks on separate sections without an alarm being sounded. I did increase the square size from 10 to 20 feet per square. I also cut and taped the spell casting cost table into my DM log sheet.

jasper

Rotten DM
Against the Giants Chilling with the Frost Giants with 90% less murder hoboing.
I had a 5 person group that was strong for the Frost Giants but I made no adjustments. I started them in the same room they took a short rest with. It is amazing what the difference of one person can make. The group snuck up on some sleeping ogres and nearly kill them all when the one guy yelled take one prisoner. Waythe was not happy but the party did get a key pass armband. And rough idea on how to get to the Jarl.
Some discussion was talked about losing xp over the dinner break. We were having a pot luck dinner at the game store for the Al group and let the rest of the magic players joined in. I made the decision if they bypass the encounter they got credit. I also ruled the druid had to get some cold weather plants for his plant growth retreat plan to work. Furthermore I made the owner of Waythe make opposed persuasion checks to keep him mute.
The climax was fun. They had talked their way into the Jarl’s presence. The druid (high Elf) was not happy being chained to a boulder for being uppity. The Dark Elf did a good job of bluff the Jarl. But once the Jarl send one of the guards to go get Chief Nosnra the fight broke out soon after. The Jarl and one giant was banished in the first round. But the combat dragged on for a long time about 80 or so minutes. One was due various spells giving disadvantage to the giants and some party members. Some people taking a long time to get very tactical. And us eating chow.
It ended with the Jarl’s wife dead and the Jarl trying to flee. Yes combat last 10 rounds with only 5 giants and 2 wolves. Unlucky the Jarl was turned into a white weasel and other spells cast on him ending the combat and the adventure.

jasper

Rotten DM
Against the Giants My Biscuits are Burning.
I had a 3 person group who were over level so average party level. Waythe was also present. This was an example of a room too far.
They snuck after having trouble opening the values to the doors. (the fire giants know the group is after them). I did enjoy changing the 1 square equal 20 feet instead 10. The ettins went down easy. Snurre initially started to follow his guards to capture the pcs. He command the guards to capture the party alive. Then he fled the Grand hall. I zeroed out poor John's sorcerer twice I think. But the group took care of the two guards from the throne room and guard post 24. The group went exploring and decide to check out the king's guard chamber. Again I was able to zero out the sorcerer and do some good damage to the other two. But they wiped out the guards and retreated to their hide out. Total time in dungeon maybe 10 minutes game time but took a while to game out.
After a 5 minute break they restarted trying to sneak in to hall. But I had move the Room 8 Barracks encounter to the main hall and add the HUGE cross bow thingy. They were able to wipe out the guard in the alcove and the two hill giant who charged the party singly. But then things started going south. The two fire giants started targeting one pc as they closed with party which hurt the sorcerer.
The battlemaster warlock cast silent image which slowed the giants for 1 round. Then he casted his normal attack of "Darkness" which was in the air so it only affected the giants. The he casted a silent image of a boulder in front of the party which he used to hide in. The giants initially split their attacks up between the sorcerer and cleric. But since the sorcerer kept standing back up after he was head, one hit him twice. This zeroed him out and gave him two death fails.
John rolled a 1. Dead the first time. The cleric was zeroed out next but the battle master was able to hit with a potion. So it was two on two.
I then rolled a monster int check, which I roll a d20 and if not greater the monster int the monster gets smart. One fire giant started peeking out from under the darkness and rolling normal against the battlemaster. Ouch. The cleric was able to roll a deception check against the giants and just stayed prone and started casting spells. Between Revivity, Beacon of Hope, some spells and potions the sorcerer was back up. This did not last long as one hit twice zeroing him out again. And again the player rolled 1 on his death save.
The fire giants were able to zero out the battlemaster. I gave the cleric player the choice of escape, or continue combat. This cleric had not played in any of the Giant modules. He escaped. So at the end of the day one dead twice pcs, one capture pc (who I think is under 1,400 to hit 17) and one escape pc. The dead pc has to sit out two sessions. This represents the body being recovered by the Adventure League Body Recovery team. I will be talking with the player of the captured pc to see how we are going to handle the situation.
Oh need to double check how the battlemaster/warlock kept both darkness, and silent image up at same time. Could be a oops on my part.

jasper

Rotten DM
Ok session’s 2-4 report.
4 player group and average party level.
I came with a list of various crimes of the group and tired the capture PC. The other players and I played the giants. The player defended himself. He was found guilty of murder hoboing against giant kind, plead guilty of murdering granny, 2 cases of wife murder were dismissed, hung jury on causing kids to have nightmares, guilty of having a foul and loud mouth sword (Waythe), guilty of disrupting and murdering chain of command. Not guilty of treasure theft, happily hacking hirelings, unionizing kitchen staff, killing kitchen staff, using magic against giants, eating kitchen staff. He turned state evidence on the druid and used silent image to id the druid in all his forms. He was beaten to 1 inch (1 hit point) of life and toss to the under dark. Waythe was dipped twice in lava and thrown into the Underdark. I gave the players enough xp for the 16th level pc to tier out of adventure.
I took a five minute break then the group came in. They snuck in at 8 PM. I changed the time just for fun. The gnolls and Obmi fight was cake walk. They took out the guard in 24 in under a round and half.
Then the big battle started. Rooms 19 -23. The servant quarters were down in three rounds but this alerted the other rooms. The druid summoned the swarming insects. This would delay the game a lot. The kids from communal quarters tried to flee the EVILLLLLL DRUID. Yes the player is turning his pc evil due to the unnecessary deaths he is causing. The druid threw “earthquake” which is the first time I seen it used since 1E. This cause a chasm to open up and swallow most of the kids. One escaped by turning the corner, two other escape into room 22 and locked the door behind them. This combat started dragging due to swarming insects and number of monsters on the field. The session ended with the party starting a short rest in the communal quarters.
I did make one change to staff of swarming insects. I allowed the swarming insects effect to be cancelled by user. This was due to everyone but the user were at disadvantage in combat and drastically slowing the game down.
I had to do research on earthquake and how the levels were mapped out. The next session open with the group deciding rule of cool. So the earthquake had collapse the beginning of the hallway. They heard digging and pick axes during their time out. They also decided to use Tiny Hut to get a long rest. This gave the giants time to both repair the hallway and dig a passage way into room 22.
They snuck around the east side of the entrance level. It was funny when the dragon born was able to use deception and sell the fire giant a box of thin mints (good berries) Girl Scout cookies. On the way to the kitchen they feebleminded the guard on 14. The kitchen combat was interesting especially since I used the one square equal’s 20 foot rule, otherwise the 3 giants and 7 gnolls could not fit. They had just dropped the last giant, and told the polymorph giant to go down the chute. When a wandering monster check was rolled. One giant and 11 gnolls were trashed in seconds. But one Gnoll escaped to the main hall yelling for help. They all decided to jump down the chute into the lava on level 2. The session ended. Since it was late I just said they kept their current hit points and would take 30 points when they hit the lava. This was light damage as it should been 10d10 or higher.
The final session started with half the party in lava and half flying! The giant from the kitchen was not amused and started throwing hot lava at them. The battle in the smithy ended with dead trolls and the giants blocked by a moved earth spell. Two of the four players were upset with the thief for running away during the combat and said they would do player versus player if he left the group again. They hid in the crypts for a long rest using Tiny Hut again. I also gave them the secret door location. So down to the basement. Except for the ropers the group was not in danger. They snuck away from the dragon. And they were surprise the two giants in 5 did not call for help. After they dropped the giant I ended the session.

jasper

Rotten DM
Fire Giants Session 5 and final report. Brain food, rotten rival, not young, and the wall did what!
The group had 5 people due to a drop in about half way through and they were over powered but I only made one change.
They were still in the basement of the dungeon and took some nickel and dime damage from the piercers and jellies. We had a "are you really going to get stupid" moment. I had already announce they could just talk to the mind flayers and they would get xp. The mind flayers asked the group did they want breakfast of green eggs and ham. OUCH. DOH! I asked the player did he really want to get into arm distance of the mind flayer and he said yes . 3 times I asked. So combat with mind flayers.
The new player join us, I summed up the situation where the hall was on alert etc. The group found the rival drow clan and were given an information dump which I gave the lay out of most the basement, and about a third of the second level. I also lied about the dragon in 7 being young. But the party got greedy and the dragon went down in 2.5 rounds.
I asked did they want to attack the head drow in her lair or a temple. They choose the temple. Then the new guy asked for the Fire Giant King and Hill Giant King be include in the boss fight. I did change the ritual to just a drummer. And said the doors closed behind them. This was mainly to keep the combat simple for me. I did call for assistance from another dm to run the drow. The drow from level 3 room 15 had move up to protect Lady E.
The fight start with the party prepared. They had a water elemental, some summon animals, one of the pcs had disguised himself as the "evil murder hobo granny killer druid", the druid and monk (new player) were invisible. The combat kicks off. I did have each monster have it own init. The drow mage was nearly drop with the first attack. Some of drumming affected two of pcs which nerf some of their abilities.
Lady E finished the summoning just before the monk dropped her. He was then eaten by the Elder god. I had the whole wall turn into a portal which the tentacles came out. He asked me to double check my die roll since I did hit him. He had an AC 27 but I had rolled a 16. I ruled him out of combat and later said dead needing a resurrection. The fighter and water elemental took out a frost giant. The false druid was zeroed out but came back up with the help of a healing spell. The regular drow were mostly taken care of before they hit anything. The druid cast tidal wave which pushed a fire giant and 2 elite warriors into the portal.
Then time was called by the store owner and I said they won. They earn over 8,000 xp from the boss fight alone. The rest of the xp is unknown at this time as the person taking down xp and treasure has not posted it.

jasper

Rotten DM
This Friday I be running Tomb of Horrors which some changes. Traps are going to do max damage. Monsters are going have max hit points. I have the picture book from the original 1E module so I will be using that. I do have to do a prop check to see if I have enough props.

jasper

Rotten DM
Tomb of Horrors Session on. You run where??????
Two additional changes if the pc dies in the dungeon the soul is trapped like the spell. And Passive perception etc is off/ not used. When was a player initiative I started a 10 count, if I finished I ruled the pc did nothing.
I made the two players who never played in or heard of the adventure sit near me and be the party caller. The group started off with 3 players so Les brought the knight he won from Hill Giant steading. Once they triggered the first trap I had everyone roll for initiative and kept going in that order for the rest of the game. This worked well when the party got spilt. Since Les is old school he used the knight as trap finder ouch. One player show up late but I had him just start at the correct hallway and go on his initiative.
The group has yet to get the correct sequence on room 5 and no one has mess with the devil face in 6. Sad dm. sigh. Some of them took damage (not enough) from room 7. The monk and sorcerer explored room 13 with the sorcerer opening chests with out asking so the monk hid in the secret entrance from 7 until all the monsters were dead. (this was the only xp by monster encounter). Les fighter explored room 11 and most of hallway 10 (step 10 feet and take notes).
The sorcerer split from the group just as they were getting together and check out room 14. He got zapped once by the magic mirror there. The group was finally reunited in room 14 just as the sorcerer dropped his magic ring into the slot.
Hallway 15 was a wet cake walk. Les used his bowl of water elemental command and had it open the three doors in that hallway. Forgot to mention the knight was killed by various traps and raised as undead. Also the necromancer and monk were naked until the group asked in the marvelous pigments could be use to create magic focus, clothing, and weapons which allowed.
The group were mad at the door on 16. Because just as the monk finished picking the fourth lock they all relocked. Out came the pigment. They tripped the trap.
The monk double move 110 feet forward! I asked twice if that what he wanted. Dead dead and Mr. A has a soul. The store called closing here. The fighter ran backup the hallway and escaped the trap. The sorcerer ran forward also then out 3 rolls failed and became dead dead. Another soul for Mr. A. The necromancer tried to teleport out of the dungeon. I did not allow that and will place in outside of door 16. And his zombie and other monsters made their checks and escaped.
So, this is adventurer full of traps. A case can be made to give experience for traps. The preventing of teleportation completely out of dungeon is a mean move but most of the table agreed it fit with the theme of the adventure.
My table may not make Friday due to lack of tier 3 pcs. I also need to get the items from the necro and monk and place those in 33.
My giggling at the correct moments in the game was just flavor and I am sticking with that excuse.

edit to add
Some things have spell effects but no level. I defaulted to 14 dice if possible due the adventure is 14.

Last edited:

Remove ads