• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jelly Beans [OT: jelly beans]

Wicht

Hero
Bran Blackbyrd said:
Are we talking about Jelly Belly jellybeans or some Harry Potter bandwagon beans?

Actually I do believe that the Bertie Botts Everyflavor Beans are actually made by Jelly Belly. Says so on the packages.

I bought us a box of the Jelly Belly 150 flavors for christmas and kinda got hooked on the cappuchino ones myself.

haiiro

First Post
Bran Blackbyrd said:
BY ALL THAT IS GOOD AND TASTY DO NOT EAT THE "JUICY PEAR" FLAVORED ONES!

Oddly, juicy pear is one of my favorite jelly bean flavors -- it tastes exactly as advertised. I like buttered popcorn a lot as well.

In fact, barring the more noxious Bertie Bott's flavors (vomit, which nearly made me throw up, earwax, etc.), my only two jelly bean nemeses are: black and pink. I hate the taste of licorice, and the pink ones -- the generic pink ones, mind you, not Jelly Belly flavors like pink grapefruit -- are unbelievably foul. They have almost no definable flavor. Yuck.

Other than that, jelly beans are a very good thing. And the nastier Bertie Bott's flavors are definitely worth trying once. ;)

Enforcer

Explorer
Bran Blackbyrd said:

You are obviously a devil spawn like my brother and will be dealt with accordingly.

When the strangers with stun batons and a package of zip ties show up at your residence, go quietly and try not to resist the 'cleansing'. Resisting just makes it burn more...

Those things taste like pure, distilled evil.

Well, something has to keep evil going, and it might as well be great tasting Juicy Pear Jelly Bellies. It'd be Satan's perfect soul-grabbing gimmick. What's YOUR favorite, if I may so inquire (mostly in the hopes that it's 'dog turd' or something else easy to rip on)? What flavor of Jelly Belly does one prefer in your Holy Sanctum of Boring (tm)?

Btw, haiiro knows what's up. :)

Mercule

Adventurer
Kerrwyn said:
Stay away from the "buttery Popcorn" flavor. Ugh. Something about chewy popcorn...

Ugh! They were giving Jelly Belly samples at Target once and I got one of these. It was all I could do to groan, "Gimme something else NOW or I'm hurling."

Sugar and Salt tastes just don't go well together. Kinda like yogurt pretzels, but a _lot_ worse.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I am a loather of the juicy pear, myself...

....as for the favorite? I adore the watermelon....scrumptious AND clever! :)

Though I'd be hard pressed to pick which one.

Anyone else remember the kinda-crappy Nintendo game A Boy and His Blob? You were followed around by a little white blob that would turn into different things depending on what flavor jellybean you would feed it. First time I've seen flavor used stratiegically. :)

Wolf72

Explorer
KitanaVorr said:
The popcorn ones are actually pretty good...white/gold. But too many of them at once do taste nasty.

*wolf tries not to gag, popcorn flavor is disgusting*

[edit: ps thx for the support :). and i believe they are jelly belly brand ... the fruit flavors have been systematically digested]

Last edited:

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
Mercule said:

Sugar and Salt tastes just don't go well together.

Hehe. If that were true there would be no such thing as Reese's Cups. I like the buttered popcorn, but there is a disconnect when that flavor is attached to something chewy. It could be worse, how about buttered popcorn flavored soft drinks?

Enforcer: It's been so long since I've had any that I can't really recall what my favorite is. I remember that mixing the chocolate pudding ones with the cherry ones was pretty good. The sour ones weren't bad either. But I don't remember having a standout favorite.

The strawberry cheesecake is good, but it doesn't take many to make you ill.

Ashwyn

First Post
Kamikaze Midget said:

Anyone else remember the kinda-crappy Nintendo game A Boy and His Blob? You were followed around by a little white blob that would turn into different things depending on what flavor jellybean you would feed it. First time I've seen flavor used stratiegically. :)
One of my all-time favorites. Tangerine- Trampoline. :D I kinda like root beer jelly beans. I don't like butter or coffee. And I never eat black jelly beans either.

UnDfind

First Post
Wow! Everyone hates the black jellybeans?!

Am I the only defender of the black jellybean? I love them! They're one of my favorites! Also like the sour apple and bubblegum flavors. But I HATE the coconut and whatever the hell those nasty dark-green ones are.

BTW, you can all send me your unused black jellybeans ;)

Remove ads