• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jemal's Prisoners

Shayuri

First Post
Mei-Ying, realizing that things have moved faster than she by far, decides not to waste any magical power that might be needed later. Instead she folds her hands inside the sleeves of her robe and stands atop the fort wall, waiting for the victors to gather the spoils and return.

(yar, no point in gdusting...she'll withdraw action)

Jemal

Adventurer
*OOC NOTE: I'll update the thread in ~8 hours. If nobody has posted that they continue attacking, I'll assume you let the wolves go. If everyone posts otherwise EARLIER, I'll probly update earlier*

Autumn

First Post
Celes stops her next swing short as she sees the worgs begin to retreat, staring them down in silence until they have fled.

She turns to where the bandits lie dead, her face showing a mix of contempt and pity. "What a waste," she mutters.

ethandrew

First Post
Looking up at the warrior woman, who seems to have handled herself quite well, Eoghan states softly, "If our souls truly are bound, some died today who didn't deserve it, 'cause these 'ere died."

Autumn

First Post
Celes flinches visibly. It's obvious that hadn't occurred to her previously. "You're right," she says quietly.

The flames that lick up and down the length of her sword flicker and die, and she's silent for a moment as she wipes the blade clean and sheathes it smoothly. Her movements are slow and methodical, and a heavy sadness has obviously descended upon her.

"But we didn't have a lot of choice... right? They made their choice. It's not fair that they each got to choose for somebody else as well, but we couldn't help that could we?"

She looks about at the others for some validation, her frown of uncertainty only deepening as her gaze rests on the sinister Valak. She knows she won't find any sympathy for her moral compunctions in that quarter, and she can't answer for any of the others either. A gloomy feeling of loneliness settles over her like a black cloud.

Jemal

Adventurer
The group stands there after looting (I presume) the dead and gathering at the fort, pondering what to do next as the sun sets.

ethandrew

First Post
Ser Eoghan of Bendooragh slumps into the makeshift fort, blood covering his entire body from head to toe; his clothes a ruin of red, his face speckled with arterial spray, his gauntlets dyed from the dead. He places down whatever various loot his companions recovered from the raiders and drops it unceremoniously onto the ground while he staggers backwards against the wooden barrier.

A sob breaks the air, disturbing the silence as his strong form slumps to the ground. He shakes his gauntlets off of his hands and brings them up to cover his bearded face. Under the cover of watchful eyes and high trees, all the once proud knight of Bendooragh can manage to do is cry uncontrollably; ashamed and alone in this so called prison world.

Shayuri

First Post
Mei-Ying regards the breakdown of the knight with concern mingled with distaste. She descends the steps that lead up to the catwalk behind the top of the walls and asks, "Are you wounded? I'm sure someone will be here to heal you shortly."

ethandrew

First Post
Face flushed, Eoghan stands up surprised at Mei-Ying's approach and words. He looks at her with wet eyes and nods his head in appreciation. "I'll be fine, 'long as we don't get attacked again." He looks down at the ground by her feet and stares at that point, too ashamed for his breakdown.

Shayuri

First Post
Her thin eyebrows draw closer together as she frowns slightly.

"You are a warrior, aren't you? You fought as one. This cannot be your first time in battle, and your foes..." She glances over her shoulder towards what was left of the bandits. "...dogs who prey on the weak. They deserve neither honor nor sorrow. So why do you give it to them?"

Remove ads