Jemal's Prisoners

ethandrew

First Post
[sblock=OOC]He said earlier on some other thread that he's not going to be able to get on as often as usual for the next week or two. I assume that period has already started. I wouldn't worry. In the meantime, I assume we could do some interesting character interactions.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Jemal is here, just not completely. I'm way behind on reading threads and have given up on everything I'm not DMing until I get back to normal net access (Sometime Sunday or Monday). Luckily for you, I've got enough time to address a couple things here though.

First, Shayuri - So how fast can you make the 2 disks travel when concentrating on both? Keep in mind my previous statement was assuming everyone was hustling with a min. move of 30 (meaning moving 60/round). If the disks move 20, then even 2/round slows the party to 40', meaning you'd be just over halfway to the trees.

Also, the 2 glowing disks and the flying elf may make them notice you earlier and alter course, increasing the chance of them catching up.

LR - How far ahead is Quill heading, and then what's he doing?

The rest of you - Keep up the good RPing, I'll do an update soon as I can.

Also, any OOC comments that aren't directly related to in-game actions I'd prefer if you used the OOC thread or posted them as an aside with an actual IC post, so that we don't get stretches where there's 4-10 posts that are just sblocks.
[/sblock]

ethandrew

First Post
Standing on this awkward disc, Eoghan looks over his shoulder at the growing dust cloud, "I would rather no' find out what type o' greeting party this planet 'as in store for us. Let us get moving quickly."

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Jemal said:
[sblock=ooc]
Jemal is here, just not completely. I'm way behind on reading threads and have given up on everything I'm not DMing until I get back to normal net access (Sometime Sunday or Monday). Luckily for you, I've got enough time to address a couple things here though.

First, Shayuri - So how fast can you make the 2 disks travel when concentrating on both? Keep in mind my previous statement was assuming everyone was hustling with a min. move of 30 (meaning moving 60/round). If the disks move 20, then even 2/round slows the party to 40', meaning you'd be just over halfway to the trees.

Also, the 2 glowing disks and the flying elf may make them notice you earlier and alter course, increasing the chance of them catching up.

LR - How far ahead is Quill heading, and then what's he doing?

The rest of you - Keep up the good RPing, I'll do an update soon as I can.

Also, any OOC comments that aren't directly related to in-game actions I'd prefer if you used the OOC thread or posted them as an aside with an actual IC post, so that we don't get stretches where there's 4-10 posts that are just sblocks.
[/sblock]
[sblock]Quill is flying with all possible speed towards the tree-line, when he gets there he is going to cast Fabricate amongst the trees to create an area encircled by a wooden palisade.
The fort will have a single entrance 5' x 8' entrance (aka hole in the wall)

I'm assuming that this can be done, as the spell description mentions turning trees into a bridge, so why not trees into a fort.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
The group moves as quickly as they can, the now-winged Quill heading off ahead a ways to set up a 'fort'.

Within a few moments, it is obvious that your own dust trail has been spotted. The dust cloud is no longer heading for the circle, but is now on an intercept course. This cuts down your time before they catch you significantly. You'll be lucky to reach the treeline.. Noticing this as he flies, Quill kicks into top speed and begins construction of a fort (I'm gonna ask for either an applicable knowledge or Craft check to make a defendable fort. The better the check, the better the result).

Autumn

First Post
"It seems we've been spotted," Celes says with a nod towards the pursuers and their new trajectory. Her tone is neutral, but her eyes blaze and a small smile has come to her lips. In truth she's really very glad that all her recent adversity has finally manifested in the form of something she can oppose with force of arms. After so many fortunes that have afflicted her in ways she was unable to prevent or even understand, it's extremely comforting to have a tangible threat to vanquish.

"Well, let them come!" she proclaims with a defiant grin. "We may still make the cover of the trees. But in either case, they won't find us easy pickings."

OOC: That's in European - consider that Celes's 'default' language.

ethandrew

First Post
Eoghan smiles at the warrior's zeal, feeling that burning desire for combat as well. However, finding himself atop this disc, adorned with naught but his sleepwear, he feels less than prepared for hand to hand combat. Judging that the distance needed to cover is less than ideal, he looks at his bare feet and considers. Addressing the dainty woman who conjured this riding disc for him, he speaks quickly in European, "I am going to get off this now an' run for it. If you would like, I can carry you. We can move much faster this way."

When she stares back at him blankly, he shrugs and looks at the warrior woman. "I want t' fight them too if fightin's what they want, but let us move an' move fast. We should take the lady, her floater is slow." He steps off the floating disc and digs his toes into the ground before turning to the quaint woman and offering his hand to her.

[sblock=Actions]Eoghan will hop off and traverse the distance on his bare feet. If the lady oblidges, he will gladly carry her in his arms.[/sblock]

Autumn

First Post
At Eoghan's gesture of chivalry, Celes immediately feels a pang of shame that she hadn't made the offer first. She could hardly let the poor man toil on in bare feet, carrying a lady at the same time no less... and yet what he said made sense, the magical discs were too slow.

It's curious how much difference a simple change of approach can make. Celes would have been aghast if Eoghan had suggested riding her. She is nobody's steed. Yet as it has now actually suggested itself to her - in terms not of 'riding' but of 'carrying' - it seems to be mere common decency to offer her services.

"Please," she says, trotting up alongside Eoghan with a gracious smile, "allow me. I can easily take the both of you on my back. It'll be much easier to make ground that way - until we can find you some decent boots, at the least."

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
A guilty smile cracked Eoghan's lips and he wonders if the man named Quill had betrayed his thoughts. Considering his options, he offers to help the lady onto Celes' back. If she oblidges, he will make sure she has a secure enough hold before moving on for himself. "I truly appreciate your offer, my lady, but despite my previous gripes, I will be fine without any proper boots. When the need arises, I can be fairly quick on my feet." He flashes her smile behind his full beard and runs off toward the trees not a moment later.

Remove ads