Jemals School

Jemal

Adventurer
"Good morning, Freshmen, and let me be the first to welcome you to The School, the greatest interdimensional institute of learning and training in the multiverse."
You've been sitting in a large auditorium since you were gated in several minutes ago. All around you are sentients from a multitude of species and planes. The vast majority are humanoid, though several strange breeds are noticed. At the front has just appeared a smiling man, 6 and a half feet tall, with skin as black as night and dreadlocks hanging down to the shoulders of his suit.
"I am Dean Priscus, and as has been tradition here for centuries, it is my duty and pleasure to greet the new arrivals. We look forward to seeing you each become all that you want - and more. Now, as I'm sure most of you know from the documentation you received as part of your acceptance package, this is a vast place, with many opportunities. You will not be forced to participate in any activity here with the exception of the monthly Aptitude tests. We offer a wide range of possible classes, in addition to our physical programs, Training Room, and libraries for individual studying and self-improvement.
Right now you will be assigned in small groups to third year students who will show you around and answer questions. Until you get settled in, I suggest learning as much as you can from your guide."

He gestures and a nearby wall opens up, several young men and women of various races entering. He then begins calling out names and assigning new students to their guides.
You are all assigned to a young black-haired woman who introduces herself as Arin before leading you out into the school
"So, whicha yew noobs has tha first queshion?" she grins at you, her accent strange.

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
Jamien found the woman's manner of speech distasteful and completely unbefitting a lady. His discipline and code of conduct however, kept his face clean of emotion. The young human lad brushed off a lock of golden hair from his fair, almost feminine face, and looked at the others.

They were quite the colourful group to be sure - in particular, a young dark haired girl with eyes a bit stretched to the side, caught the Knight's attention, her exotic appearance striking the lad's fancy. The others seemed to be capable, even if some looked like scoundrels. Still the red haired, blue eyed man looked like a Cleric, and Jamien made a note to attempt and befriend him later on.

Rhun

First Post
The slender, dark-haired girl with the almond shaped brown eyes smiles at Arin, displaying her perfect white teeth. "A pleasure to meet you Arin. I am Amaya. Perhaps you can start by telling us of all the places of interest around The School? At least, those places that are likely to be of interest to freshman." Amaya's voice is melodic, and has a pleasant, lilting aspect to it.

Rathan

First Post
A young man of no more than 15 scurries up to the front of the pack with a pen and parchment at the ready.... "A... R.. I... N.... hmmm.... it's that spelled correctly ma'am?" the polite priest asked softly as he looked up slightly to their guide... "My name is Terrance... Terrance Hawthorn and it's a pleasure to meeeeee.." is as far as Terrance gets before he trips over his own shoddily packed gear and plants himself face first in the dirt... which quickly brings a red hue to his face nearly matching that for his dark red hair.... meet.. you..." the form on the ground finishes as he picks himself up and starts to gather his things once more and dust himself off...

Arkhandus

First Post
"Aye, that seems like a good start," the fellow in chainmail and a red cloak chips in. He looks and sounds kind of rough, but his gear shows a military sharpness. He's a short human, broad, and very muscular, biceps lef exposed by the chain shirt. His eyes, hair, and skin are all shades of brown, with hazel eyes, dark tan skin, short hair of light brown, and a goatee.

"Oh, and you can call me Keizaan," he adds after a moment. His hands rest on the haft of his glaive, and he stands at attention. Whenever they start moving, he follows at a march.

Theroc

First Post
A young man whose appearance could almost be mistaken for at least a Half-Elf's watched keenly and quietly, his violet eyes eagerly looking for something new to learn. As he was directed to a guide with a strange accent, his brow quirked momentarily almost as if in question, but he did not speak until two others spoke, one an unusual looking woman, her facial structure something he hadn't seen before. Though, that also meant the chances were she was not extraplanar, as if she were, he would have some rudimentary knowledge. Or so Coravin would like to think.

After a boy essentially tripped over himself, Coravin bowed his head slightly.

"Coravin Moonshadow. A pleasure, I'm sure."

Jemal

Adventurer
The young woman smiles at each of you as you introduce yourselves, then starts walking down the hall, motioning you to follow her. She turns around to face you, walking backwards though it seems to have no ill effect on her navigation, as she deftly steps around a centaur "Hey Tim" she waves to him before returning her attention to you.
"Aright, well as you probly know from like the brochure and stuff, we've got hundreds of classes, an' there's the Gyms, The arboretum - that place is totally cool... well, if you're into plants n' stuff, like me - we got a HUGE library that I aint even seen half of, our cafeteria's got whatever you can think of.. cept sentients, we had a dragon here when I was a freshie, kept wantin t'eat people, Dean 'ventually kicked 'im. Ol Priscus may not care what ya believe, but when ya try eatin his students he gets a lil pissy." She giggles and turns a corner, and even with her strange backward gait some of you have to pick up your pace a bit to keep up.

"Up here" She points behind her to a sign on the right side of the hall "is the Mall, its kinda like the center a' the school, ya can get anywheres from there, an' there's a guidestone ta tell ya where t'go, an' shops for like whatever you want. It's gonna be totally hard gettin around for a while, but don't worry y'always seem to find your way t'where yer going around here."

She enters the door and you find yourselves in a veritable cavern, with a 500' high domed ceiling covering the mile-wide room. The whole place is lit with a bright yet soft light, as were the halls you came through. Stalls line the floor, with corridors through and around them, and you can see various exits with exit signs all over the place. In the center of the room, running from floor to ceiling, is a Marble column roughly 20 feet in diameter.

Arin gives you a few moments to drink in the sights of the room before speaking (Loudly to be heard over the din) "SO any Queshions yet?"

An winged albino kobold skitters his way to the front through, around, in some cases over legs, bags and people. On his back is a ratty back pack, what ever fills it gives it an odd shape.

"Aussir want to know where Aussir lair is? Aussir stuff need set down, important stuff." As the little kobold slides to a stop, his claws scratching the ground, a platinum coin falls from his bag. In an alarmed state he drops his bag grabs the coin and replaces it, coiling himself on top of the bag. He casts menecing looks at those around mim.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Terrance jumps a bit as he feels the kobold skitter across his leg and yelps a bit as he feels a scaly tail smack the back of his calf... "Ok.. this place is going to take some getting use to methinks... the priest says as he finishes writing down directions to the various places they'd been past so far..... "woooooaahhh.. this room is HUGE!" Terrance exclaims as he drinks in the sight of the huuuuge room Arin had stopped suddenly in...

Rhun

First Post
Amaya chuckles at the little kobolds antics. "I can see that school here is going to be quite the learning experience," she puns with a slight smile. Then she turns back to the third year. "How does our group work? Are we study together? Live together? I'm a little confused on that dynamic..."

Remove ads