• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jericho 02.12.2008 S02E01 Reconstruction

Shade

Monster Junkie
While I'm thrilled to have the show back, I was a bit disappointed in the deux ex machina that resolved the New Bern conflict.

It also seemed odd how many characters were missing without explanation. I know they had to trim the cast as part of CBS's mandate, but it was odd that Stanley's sister was never at the farm, nor even mentioned. At least Jake's mom's absence was noted.

As always, the story around Hawkins was among the most intriguing. Do you think Chavez is compromised?

Darkwolf71

First Post
I liked it. Not sure it held up to season 1, but is was good to have the show back. I'm glad Constintino will still be a factor. Lotsa tension there.

Can't decide about Chavez. Since the first instinct is to think that he is compromised, I'd have to go with not, at least for now.

dravot

First Post
Shade said:
While I'm thrilled to have the show back, I was a bit disappointed in the deux ex machina that resolved the New Bern conflict.

It also seemed odd how many characters were missing without explanation. I know they had to trim the cast as part of CBS's mandate, but it was odd that Stanley's sister was never at the farm, nor even mentioned. At least Jake's mom's absence was noted.

As always, the story around Hawkins was among the most intriguing. Do you think Chavez is compromised?

Stanley's sister is in the 2nd and/or 3rd episode, just not in the 1st one.

I don't think that Chavez is compromised, but that's just a hunch.

And I'm ok with the deus ex resolution - is it really that surprising? The army was swooping in at the end of the S1 finale.

Shade

Monster Junkie
SciFi Wire said:
The second-season premiere of CBS' post-apocalyptic drama Jericho aired with ratings about even with its season average from its first year, according to The Hollywood Reporter; the show averaged 7.1 million viewers and a 2.5 rating/7 share in the adults 18-49 demographic.

Uh-oh. :\

Arnwyn

First Post
Nice to see it back.

I did like the first season's "surviving in a nuclear holocaust environment", and I thought it was cleaned up a little too quick, but I am definitely interested in seeing the new political landscape...

And nice to see I was right - it was a domestic attack (which I declared all the way back in Episode 1).

Remove ads