• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jerry Falwell has died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waldorf

First Post
Jerry Falwell: a prime example of why we should not speak ill of the dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Folks - this person was a major religious and political figure. Speaking ill of the dead is tacky enough, and in this case it will be very, very difficult for folks to take such as anything other than a religious and political statement.

So, be respectful, or leave it be, please. Thanks!

Waldorf said:
Oh, yes. Thank you for the home-brewed morality.
Like it or not, ENWorld isn't the place for religion/politics. That's a long standing thing and it doesn't really matter what side comments fall on...anything of that nature just always leads to problems.

Honestly, I can't think of any response to the this WITHOUT it being religious or political bent, though. I mean, Falwall WAS a religious figure and, in a sense, a political one, so he's pretty much the anti-ENWorld topic!

Mycanid

First Post
Not wanting a already potentially "hot topic" thread to head into a religious or political discussion zone is NOT necessarily "home-brewed morality". I was thanking him for that.

Didn't mean for anyone to take it the wrong way, though. So apologies if I caused upset. It wasn't intended. :\

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Waldorf said:
Oh, yes. Thank you for the home-brewed morality.

Waldorf, perhaps you ought to review The Rules of these forums. In them you will find that:

1) Real-world religion and politics are not considered appropriate subjects.

2) If you have a problem with moderation, you are supposed to take it to e-mail.

I expect that from this point on, the rules will be followed in this thread. I have trust that having been thus warned, people will behave themselves.

takyris

First Post
I don't know how much one can say about Falwell without it turning into religion or politics.

Whenever I listened to his speeches, I was always amazed at how angry he sounded. Regardless of what he was saying, I always felt a lot of hostility, a lot of enjoyment of the fight.

I hope that whatever afterlife he's gone to has given him some peace.

Apologies if that's political despite me trying to make it personal.

Nyaricus

First Post
This just means that someone else will rise to take his place, with his own slant on things. If this means that it's a good thing or a bad thing - well, we'll have to wait and see.

In any case, I really don't care. We don't have his types up here in Canada (that I'm really aware of, though it's likely there might be a few) so this issue really doesn't affect me.

cheers,
--N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads