• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jim Roslof, old school TSR artist

The Secret DM

First Post
In Honor of Jim Roslof

The loss of Jim Roslof is unfortunate for the RPG community; he was a great man, and a fantastic artist, who inspired so many people.

I'm actually putting together an "Artist's Tribute" to Jim Roslof. If you are an artist or know someone who might be interested, please have them contact me. The best way is via my e-mail address at thesecretdm@gmail.com.

You can find out more details about the tribute at:

Worlds of Ink

Harley Stroh

First Post
Every couple of weeks Joseph sends me new illustrations for the DCC RPG, and seeing a new Roslof always transported me back to the age of 10 and the Caves of Chaos.

Thank you for giving life to our adventures, Mr. Roslof, and blessings on yours.

Roslof.jpg

//H

harami2000

First Post
and thanks, Harami, for the much-needed major expansion to his Wikipedia page.
Thanks. Not just my own work as you know, and later than planned, but just about in time to ensure a somewhat better permanent tribute - and a large number of people (around 5k views in the past two days) have cared enough to check by. Hopefully there will be more still to add there...

Since it was the last post on the previous page, I trust it's OK to re-send notice that messages of condolence can also be left directly on the guestbook here, if desired.
I know there were a good number of people who'd planned to send cards while he was still alive, but were overtaken by the rapidity of events.

d.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I spent some time tonight to crop and edit some of Roslof's artwork into icon sized pics. I hope this isn't a copyright violation. I just wanted to do something so people could show their admiration for his work on this site.

Please feel free to use one of these images for your icon if you wish.

tarionzcousin-albums-icons-mostly-picture1404-slavers-icon-1.jpg

tarionzcousin-albums-icons-mostly-picture1403-slavers-icon-2.jpg

tarionzcousin-albums-icons-mostly-picture1402-slavers-icon-3.jpg

tarionzcousin-albums-icons-mostly-picture1401-queen-icon-4.jpg

tarionzcousin-albums-icons-mostly-picture1400-kuo-toa-icon-1.jpg

tarionzcousin-albums-icons-mostly-picture1399-ghost-tower-icon-3.jpg

tarionzcousin-albums-icons-mostly-picture1398-ghost-tower-icon-2.jpg

tarionzcousin-albums-icons-mostly-picture1397-ghost-tower-icon-1.jpg

tarionzcousin-albums-icons-mostly-picture1396-castle-amber-icon-1.jpg

tarionzcousin-albums-icons-mostly-picture1395-keep-icon-1.jpg

tarionzcousin-albums-icons-mostly-picture1394-keep-icon-2.jpg

William Ronald

Explorer
My condolences to the family and friends of Jim Roslof.

I remember his art work as some of the earliest images that I associate with gaming. May he rest in peace and may his work continue to inspire and delight people for many years to come.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads