• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jin Chi defeats Kenji

Jin Chi

First Post
Fresh off of his second loss, Jin Chi seeks out his master.

"Master, I am not worthy. My kung fu was no match for the might of the ogre, Orlandu, nor the finesse of the talented Sidhe Li."

Master Wu Fen looks at his apprentice and smiles. "I am surprised at you Jin Chi, allowing these bouts to unnerve you so. You faced an ogre magi, and a warrior with a yellow belt. These are formidible challenges. Do not expect an easy victory where there is none. And accept defeat when there is no shame. Do not shy away from challenge."

"I will not, Master."

Jin Chi
White Belt 0
0-2
Yen 2

Last edited:

Jin Chi

First Post
Another day. Another loss. Now 0-3, Jin Chi begins to worry that he shall never move beyond white belt..... "If this keeps up, I will drown myself in drink and become a drunken master!"

Jin Chi steels himself and seeks a new challenger.

z_mystic

First Post
The lonely traveler Kenji approaches Jin Chi.

"I see you are looking for a bit of a rumble here. I am also a white belt, but with only a 0-1 record. If you accept my challenge, then we shall have a go at it."

Vanor

First Post
A blue dragon circles over the two fighters

I would be willing to judge this match if you mortals agree to this.

Jin Chi

First Post
Jin Chi looks once again upon the magnificent dragon.

"I accept."

Jin Chi looks sheepishly at Kenji. "You will forgive me if I begin with the usual tradition of these parts."

I find your helper to be arrogant, your expensive basement to be worthless, and your victories to be empty.

[OOC- I am having the damnedest time getting onto the boards today, but I'm around all day....]

z_mystic

First Post
"Ah yes, the odd tradition. Oh well, here goes"

I find your horse to be lickspittle, your farm to be decayed, and your armor to be chosen with all of the care of a giddy schoolgirl.

(OOC: I also have some problems at times getting on here. Also, I have to be at work at 4:30(central) and will be back around 8)

Vanor

First Post
The dragon lands and settles down on all four legs, with his head up in the air.

Very well then, Both insults are good ones, not spoken with any real convection however, but this is not a bad thing always.

None the less, I find that empty victories are more stinging then little girl armor.

Jin Chi will set the lenth and type of match.

The dragon then breaths out a sheet of flame with the following writen across it.

The ancient masters have decreed this match to take place at the madlands north-east of the Iron City on the evening of the northstar.

ooc: I've been having a prob with the board today too, so I can't promise speedy judgement posts :(

Jin Chi

First Post
"I choose a 3 Flag Speed Match"

Jin Chi bows to his opponent. Sensing that Kenji is ready, he goes on the immediate offensive. He comes in fast and low, ducking down and then kicking up tremendously keeping his hands free to block.

The chopstick sweeps below the caves and thrusts the stars; parries the aggression of the clouds!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads