D&D General JMISBEST's questions. Most of them about campaign ideas that either he or A GM he knows has and wants to know what people think

JMISBEST

Explorer
I've just remembered A Idea I had for The Background of A Npc in A Dnd Campaign I made and was going to use but moved home and as a result never used back in 2,008 were A Senior Baron with 2 younger brothers and a younger sister learns that his only sister whose the youngest of his 3 siblings has earned herself the position as his new lieges after she not only prevented a attempt against the king by his old liege, she's also proven that him and the treacherous Earls 3 other vassals weren't involved in the plot and his own little sister is now both A Minor Earl and his liege

So how would The Senior Baron feel when his only sister whose the youngest of his 3 siblings earns herself the position as his new liege?

In case your wondering why I referred to his sister as A Earl rather then A Earless in the idea in the world the campaign would take place in all noble titles are gender neutral, meaning that the title is the same regardless of the title holders gender. For example in most settings and campaign The Ruler of A Barony is called A Baron if Male and A Baroness if Female, in this world The Ruler of A Barony is called A Baron regardless of if their male or female

PS I've forgotten what edition it was intended for, but I do remember that it was either 1st edition, 2nd edition or 3rd edition but because I couldn't find the old prefix I choose The Dnd General prefix

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hi JIMISBEST, as you post so many of these threads they're starting to take over the forum. We're going to ask you to keep these posts to one thread going forward to give other threads a chance. Thanks for understanding! For now, please use this thread going forward rather than posting new threads for each of your worldbuilding posts. Thanks!

delericho

Legend
How an individual character would feel is up to the individual, so the player or DM gets to choose. There really is no right or wrong answer.

For the rest of it, you might find looking into the minutiae of British royal protocol worth looking at - it's full of all sort of weird rules about who must bow/curtsey to whom, often depending on which other people are present. Mostly, they seem to just get on with it.

JMISBEST

Explorer
Hi JIMISBEST, as you post so many of these threads they're starting to take over the forum. We're going to ask you to keep these posts to one thread going forward to give other threads a chance. Thanks for understanding! For now, please use this thread going forward rather than posting new threads for each of your worldbuilding posts. Thanks!
Thanks I will. Also sorry about the fact that I've made so many threads that they were starting to take over the forum. Thanks for your advise and sorry for not realizing

JMISBEST

Explorer
Sorry about posting a thread in a different post, I was in a rush to get to a meal with my parents and I asked a mate that I have known for more then 11 years that I would trust with my life to post it for me and I didn't know that he didn't know that all future threads by me were to be posted here. So here comes the thread from a few days ago that I'm posting here, were it should be

Out of boredom I decided to create and then generate the background of A Dnd Character and I've ended up with a amusing combination of parents

The father was A Wealthy Merchant that married A Minor Noblewomen that had no lands and held no titles and he married his wife/the characters mother, not for love but rather so that his children would be of noble birth, after all his wife may only be A Minor Noblewomen that had no lands and held no titles but that's still enough for any children the 2 have to be of noble birth

The mother was A Minor Noblewomen that had no lands and held no titles and she married her husband not for love but rather so that she could live a good life as the wife of a rich man that would give her anything she could ever want

So tell me how wrong was it for the 2 to marry each other when they didn't love each other and ended up never loving each other, rather they married each other for different selfish reasons?

Sorry about posting a thread in a different post, I was in a rush to get to a meal with my parents and I asked a mate that I have known for more then 11 years that I would trust with my life to post it for me and I didn't know that he didn't know that all future threads by me were to be posted here. So here comes the thread from a few days ago that I'm posting here, were it should be

Out of boredom I decided to create and then generate the background of A Dnd Character and I've ended up with a amusing combination of parents

The father was A Wealthy Merchant that married A Minor Noblewomen that had no lands and held no titles and he married his wife/the characters mother, not for love but rather so that his children would be of noble birth, after all his wife may only be A Minor Noblewomen that had no lands and held no titles but that's still enough for any children the 2 have to be of noble birth

The mother was A Minor Noblewomen that had no lands and held no titles and she married her husband not for love but rather so that she could live a good life as the wife of a rich man that would give her anything she could ever want

So tell me how wrong was it for the 2 to marry each other when they didn't love each other and ended up never loving each other, rather they married each other for different selfish reasons?
On these tables, what is the probability that at least one parent is a noble?

JMISBEST

Explorer
On these tables, what is the probability that at least one parent is a noble?
Several of my mates that are GM's have made background tables that can result in you being of noble birth and it all depends on which table you roll on

To be exact at their lowest the chance of being of Noble birth is a mere 4 out of A 100(A 97 or higher on 1D100) chance of being of noble birth with no chance of being of royal birth and at their highest the chance of being of Noble Birth is 36 out of 100(A 60 to 95 on 1D100) of being of noble birth with A 5 out of A 100(A 96 to 100 on 1D100) chance of being of royal birth

On the table in question you have A 25 out of a 100(74 to 98 on 1D100) chance of being of Noble Birth and A 2 out of A 10(A 99 or 100 on 1D100) chance of being of royal birth

Several of my mates that are GM's have made background tables that can result in you being of noble birth and it all depends on which table you roll on

To be exact at their lowest the chance of being of Noble birth is a mere 4 out of A 100(A 97 or higher on 1D100) chance of being of noble birth with no chance of being of royal birth and at their highest the chance of being of Noble Birth is 36 out of 100(A 60 to 95 on 1D100) of being of noble birth with A 5 out of A 100(A 96 to 100 on 1D100) chance of being of royal birth

On the table in question you have A 25 out of a 100(74 to 98 on 1D100) chance of being of Noble Birth and A 2 out of A 10(A 99 or 100 on 1D100) chance of being of royal birth
It seems that you roll separately for each parent. Is this correct? If so, the chance of having one parent of noble birth would be substantially higher?

Remove ads