JollyDoc's Age of Worms!

Joachim

First Post
Solarious said:
Well... at least look at it this way. The team didn't completely fail: the ulgurstasta didn't manage to swallow a Fighter whole and complete the ritual, summoning a host of undead souls to inflict negative levels on the hapless citizens of Waterdeep, plauging the entire city with thousands of wrights. :] As it stands, it's only a minor disaster.

Because we had no way to know what would happen if the Apostle had swallowed a Fighter, we were lucky. Plus, because of our slightly reduced level, it was actually impossible for us to prevent the ritual, and thus we knew that we would have to deal with the Ulgurstasta in the arena. This actually worked out to our advantage, because we had the help of 3 stone golems.

Great work on the update, Joe. Very nice.

JollyDoc

Explorer
R-Hero said:
…Big Alice. Knowing her master’s will instinctively, she lowered her head, leveling her massive tusks, and charged, trampling a pair of the skeletons under her tree-trunk feet, and batting one of the spawn aside like a rag-doll.

Whoo-hoo!! Zombie bowling :D

Hats off to you JD, Your pace is amazing.

Thanks! This latest post brings us exactly up to date with real game time. Hopefully, I can keep it that way and not get behind.

LordVyreth

First Post
Solarious said:
Well... at least look at it this way. The team didn't completely fail: the ulgurstasta didn't manage to swallow a Fighter whole and complete the ritual, summoning a host of undead souls to inflict negative levels on the hapless citizens of Waterdeep, plauging the entire city with thousands of wrights. :] As it stands, it's only a minor disaster. Congrats on making it to the final event, letting the worm loose on the arena, and still killing it. :D

Still, it would have been interesting to have the League battle a Mob (the template) of Wights... I wonder what kind of suffering that would have brought? :]

Ugh, I'm not a fan of the mob template, and judging by the Shackled City SH, I don't think Jolly's group is either. It's probably for the best.

And heh, Big Alice...

JollyDoc

Explorer
LordVyreth said:
Ugh, I'm not a fan of the mob template, and judging by the Shackled City SH, I don't think Jolly's group is either. It's probably for the best.

And heh, Big Alice...

The high point of last week's game session was when Big Alice arrived. For those of you who aren't aware, we all live in Alabama. The University of Alabama's football team is known as the Crimson Tide, and their mascot is the elephant. Well, when I asked Fred, aka R-hero, aka Hawk what he was going to do on his turn, he simply placed a pocket tape recorder on the table and pushed play. First, we heard the sound of an elephant trumpeting, followed by the Crimson Tide fight song. It was priceless!

Joachim

First Post
And the Tide elephant's name is Big Al. Ergo, Big Alice. We had been joking about it since Fred made the character, but no one expected him to actually have the tape recorder in hand.

IMHO, it was CLASSIC, and that is coming from a dyed-in-the-wool Auburn man (Auburn is the other state university, and the two teams share one of the meanest rivalries in football).

R-Hero

Explorer
Since she has had a proper intruduction....

Big Alice
CR 7; Huge HD 14d8+70 (Magical Beast)
Hit Points 133
Init +0;
Spd 25;

AC:25 (Flatfooted:25 Touch:8);

Atk +18 base melee, +8 base ranged;
+18/+13 (3d6+10, Slam; 3d6+5, 2 Hoof);
+18 (3d8+15, Gore);

SA: Trample (Ex) ; SQ: Scent (Ex), Low-light Vision (Ex);

AL N; SV Fort +14, Ref +9, Will +9;

STR 31, DEX 10, CON 21, INT 6, WIS 13, CHA 7.
Skills: Listen +10, Spot +10.

Feats: Improved Natural Attack Gore, Hoof, and Slam
Iron Will, Bullheaded

Possessions:
Armor: +1 Chainmail, Barding (1,750 gp).

Special Attacks: Trample (Ex): An elephant can trample Medium-size or smaller creatures for automatic slam damage. Opponents who do not make attacks of opportunity against the elephant can attempt a Reflex save (DC 20) to halve the damage.

And the usual paladin mount abilities (Share saving throws, empathic link etc.)
Keep an eye open for a celestial mount coming up soon. (She'll be going to xhibit and the boys at Pimp my Ride) :D

Solarious said:
Well... at least look at it this way. The team didn't completely fail: the ulgurstasta didn't manage to swallow a Fighter whole and complete the ritual, summoning a host of undead souls to inflict negative levels on the hapless citizens of Waterdeep, plauging the entire city with thousands of wrights. :] As it stands, it's only a minor disaster. Congrats on making it to the final event, letting the worm loose on the arena, and still killing it. :D

Still, it would have been interesting to have the League battle a Mob (the template) of Wights... I wonder what kind of suffering that would have brought? :]
Things could really have gotten very, very ugly! A problem well solved, indeed !!! Will the DM allow you to get your hands on the main villain or will he slip through your fingers, to die another day? :]
Also congrats on the creation of a "classic moment"!

JollyDoc, why did you change some little things from the module (e.g. Brokengulf's name)? Did you just not like the sound of the original?

Solarious

Explorer
Joachim said:
Because we had no way to know what would happen if the Apostle had swallowed a Fighter, we were lucky.
Very lucky indeed! The ulgurstasta had Auric in it's mouth, and was on the very verge of swallowing him whole a couple of times there. If Jolly was feeling particularly cruel, I'm sure Hawk would have made a suitable replacement. :]

And once more, I congratulate you! You managed to stopped the bad ending! :D

ltclnlbrain

First Post
Neverwinter Knight said:
JollyDoc, why did you change some little things from the module (e.g. Brokengulf's name)? Did you just not like the sound of the original?

Paizo.com has been releasing conversion appendices for each of the Age of worms modules in order to better fit them into the Forgotten Realms and Eberron settings. JollyDoc's merely following the suggestions put forth in the FR conversion notes. :)

JollyDoc

Explorer
ltclnlbrain said:
Paizo.com has been releasing conversion appendices for each of the Age of worms modules in order to better fit them into the Forgotten Realms and Eberron settings. JollyDoc's merely following the suggestions put forth in the FR conversion notes. :)

What he said :eek:) Last night we wrapped things up into a neat little package (more or less) with Champion's Belt, and began A Gathering of Winds...here's a little teaser...trolls and ghouls wrestling on the ground while covered in oil...yummmmmm

Remove ads