JollyDoc's Age of Worms!

Ouch! Nasty business, that. And to think that it might not even have been necessary to figth here... :(

I think the party needs another tank. Maybe something with the half-dragon or the Worm Hunter template.

LordVyreth

First Post
Noble Salamanders are a lot more brutal than their level would suggest. I once took out 2 17th level PCs with an attack force that included a lot of them, and it took an act of mercy on my part to spare the third.

JollyDoc

Explorer
Teaser for tonight's game and next week's post: Permanent farewells are given to two party members. One returns from the dead. New blood joins the League. The League returns to the tomb, but their luck is all bad. One more dies, while another knocks at Death's door.

Richard Rawen

First Post
I think I'll second (third?) the idea of Druid. Yes the party needs more Tank, however the summons and shape-shifts should fill this gap somewhat. Plus the added healing (assuming Grubber comes back) and buffs will be welcome in any fight. Druids have some really nice utility and direct damage spells too.
Plus, I've only played one (NPC I DM'd) in years and she was only 11th when she parted ways with the party due to philosophical differences...

Great story btw, enjoying the Marvelous characters!

If not a druid then perhaps something akin to my all time fav character (although not Marvel):
The Tick! (I would just love to see what the community came up with for stats on him :D )

Blessings and Merry Christmas to you all,
Richard
M < > <

CrusadeDave

First Post
gfunk said:
Nice title JD, I like it!
So, here's the deal. I'm out of gaming for a week and was thinking about a new PC. I'm willing to take suggestions from readers -- live vicariously through Gfunk! Let me know what you want to see!

How about a Female Spellthief named Rogue?

JollyDoc said:
Please forgive my lack of updates this week. My father died unexpectedly yesterday, and I have been, and will be busy tying up some loose ends. Hope to be back on track soon.

Sorry to hear it JD. Only returned to this site today (Illness and vacation causing Internet absence) and just read about your loss. My condolences, belated though they may be.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyDoc
Please forgive my lack of updates this week. My father died unexpectedly yesterday, and I have been, and will be busy tying up some loose ends. Hope to be back on track soon.

A'vandira Silvermane said:
Sorry to hear it JD. Only returned to this site today (Illness and vacation causing Internet absence) and just read about your loss. My condolences, belated though they may be.

I must apologize for missing this, and more to the point offer my heartfelt condolences and prayers for you and your family.
Blessings and Prayers,
Richard
M < > <

JollyDoc

Explorer
Thank you all for your condolences. My memories of my dad are a rather mixed bag, but one pertinent memory is of him sitting down to learn the rules of a game I had taken an interest in as a sixth grader in 1980...that game was 1st ed. Dungeons and Dragons, so here's to my dad...my first Dungeon Master.

Remove ads