• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Kingmaker-Updated 7/4/2011

Amazing update! Nice tactics with the Lizardmen camp - might well have worked if it hadn't been for that damn wisp... :] And the trouble brewing with Tungdil and Mox - is it character-based or alignment-based?

Only three agenda items on your teaser - short session?

JollyDoc

Explorer
Amazing update! Nice tactics with the Lizardmen camp - might well have worked if it hadn't been for that damn wisp... :] And the trouble brewing with Tungdil and Mox - is it character-based or alignment-based?

Only three agenda items on your teaser - short session?

Mox and Tungdill's woes are character based...the elite vs the people.

There was a lot of diplomacy/role-playing this past session. Takes more time.

Tamlyn

Explorer
Wow! Just stumbled across this and am thoroughly loving it. I really enjoy the flavor of discovering the unknown and establishing a nation. I've gotta find this AP.

Now to read your older stuff JollyDoc.

JollyDoc

Explorer
Wow! Just stumbled across this and am thoroughly loving it. I really enjoy the flavor of discovering the unknown and establishing a nation. I've gotta find this AP.

Now to read your older stuff JollyDoc.

Welcome, Tamlyn!! Hope you enjoy your ride with us!

JollyDoc

Explorer
WHO SPEAKS FOR THE TREES?

The sound of unintelligible cursing echoed through the woods. Just visible through the trees, a small wagon sat mired in the middle of a swiftly flowing river as the waters threatened to overwhelm its sides. Two ponies hitched to the wagon floundered in the swirling waters, close to panicking. Two more wagons sat safely on the far bank. A group of gnomes, several battered and bruised, stood by shouting and bickering among themselves. As the companions emerged from the trees, the gnomes spotted them, and several of them called out.
“Help us! Please!” they cried.
“We don’t need their help!” one of the gnomes, obviously the leader, snapped.
“We’re done listening to you, Jubilost!” one of the others retorted. “You’re the one that got us into this in the first place!”
“You boys sort it out amongst yerselves!” Tungdill growled. “We’ll save yer haul in the meantime.”
He and Stevhan quickly waded into the river and cautiously approached the ponies. The animals rolled their eyes wildly, but the presence of the druid and the ranger seemed to calm them. Though their sides still heaved in fear, they allowed themselves to be touched. Tungdill quickly unhitched them from the wagon, and then Stevhan led them back to shore. Tungdill then scrambled atop the wagon, and when Davrim tossed him a coil of rope, he caught it and lashed it securely in place.
“Now lads!” he called. “Heave!”
Velox, Davrim and Stevhan wrapped the rope around their hands and hauled with all of their strength. At first the wagon didn’t budge, but then slowly, inexorably, it began to move. Several tense moments, and grueling pulls later, the wagon was safely back on shore. The gnomes cheered and surrounded the companions, pumping their hands and pounding them on their backs. The leader, sporting a black eye and a swollen lip, approached sullenly.
“I guess we owe you our gratitude,” he said glumly. “You’re welcome to join our fire tonight.”

“I’m Jubilost Narthropple,” the gnome leader introduced himself. “Me and my crew are exploring this region, doing some surveying and mapping. We’ve got our eye out for an abandoned dwarven outpost in these parts. Don’t suppose you’ve come across one?”
“Dwarves don’t abandon anything,” Tungdill grumbled. “They always come back, even if it’s a hundred years later.”
“Yeah, well…,” Narthropple cleared his throat, “we’re just mapping and surveying, like I said. Anyway, we got jumped by a bunch of thieving kobolds today. We showed’em what-for, but not before they panicked the ponies and sent’em into the river. Guess we're lucky you came along.”
“Have you found anything interesting in your explorations?” Velox asked. “We’re doing some exploring of our own.”
“You know,” Tungdill said in a low-pitched voice to Mox, “surveyin’ is another word for spyin’. Maybe we oughta just execute the lot of’em.”
Mox fixed him with a cold glare, and the dwarf smirked as he relit his pipe.
“Maybe we have, and maybe we haven’t,” Narthropple snapped at Velox’s question. “That sort of information is valuable. What have you got to trade?”
“Well, as I said,” Velox replied, “we’ve done some exploring ourselves. Perhaps we could trade information.”
Narthropple seemed to consider this, then nodded slowly.
“I suppose that could work. Let’s see what you’ve got.”

In the end, Narthropple’s maps proved very valuable indeed. He told them of a dryad grove two days to the west, and an abandoned keep a day’s travel to the south. He’d also stumbled across what he believed to be a hodag den to the north, as well as the hunting grounds of a forest drake. Lastly, he told of a lone giant his band had seen wandering the hills to the south. The companions thanked the gnomes for their assistance and, after passing the night in their camp, took their leave early the following morning.

Mox decided that they should search out the abandoned keep that Narthropple mentioned. It might make a suitable location for a new town, she reasoned. Their path there, however, would take them through the Narlmarches and the area the gnomes had said belonged to a dryad. They’d only put one day between themselves and the gnomes, though, when they stumbled upon something wholly unexpected. The river they’d been following made a sharp bend, and widened into a deep pool dotted with lily pads and fringed with waving reeds. Several freshly felled trees lay beside their stumps on the shore of the pool, their crowns dangling in the water among fading tendrils of mist. A half-dozen, angry-looking men stood a distance away from the pool, their glares fixed on two other men who stood, axes in hand, at the edge of the water. In the middle of the pool, a woman treaded water, her head the only thing visible above the surface.

“My Lady! My Lords!” one of the men cried out when he saw Mox and the others. He immediately went to one knee, as did his companions. Only the two men on the pool’s edge remained standing.
“What is going on here?” Mox demanded.
“I’m Corax the Woodsman,” the man who’d spoken replied as he rose to his feet again. “That witch attacked us!” He pointed towards the woman in the pool. “It’s getting so’s a decent man can’t make a living with all these damnable fairies in the woods! Now she’s got Jensen and Barts there ensorcelled!”
Mox looked more closely at the woman in the water, and noticed that she was not, in fact, human. Her skin was pale blue, and her hair deepest green. Her ears were tapered, like an elf’s, and her eyes had no whites.
“Nixie,” Tungdill offered. “River fey.”
“I would say that tale contains but a kernel of truth,” the nixie said.
“Then what is your side, Miss…?” Mox asked.
“I am Melianse,” the nixie said. “I politely asked these humans to leave after I found them cutting down my trees. I was forced to charm two of their number after the one called Corax threatened to hang me from the nearest tree to ‘drip dry.’ Those trees had been growing here for over 200 years. I would dare say they deserved a better fate than serving as some grubby peasant’s slop table.”
“You see what I mean?” Corax shouted. “She’s crazy!”
“Surely there are other groves that you could harvest,” Mox said to the woodsman.
“Beggin’ your pardon, My Lady,” Corax bowed, “but them’s Coachwood. Rare in these parts…and valuable.”
“Coachwood, hmm?” Tungdill mused. “If I ‘member rightly, there was a grove of them up near the Tatzylriver, where them folks are settlin’ that new town.”
“Would that work?” Mox asked.
“Yes’m!” Corax nodded. “That’d do just fine! Now if only that witch’d gimme back my men!”
“There is still the matter of five trees that I’m owed,” Melianse said calmly. “If I’m not compensated, I will take a human life for each one.”
Mox’s face became clouded, and anger flashed in her eyes.
“You may not have heard,” she said coldly, “but the so-called Stolen Lands are now part of the Barony of Kardashia, of which I am the Baroness. I will not be black-mailed for what are rightly our resources to begin with!”
“You tell’er, m’Lady!” Corax and the other loggers whooped.
“A lofty claim,” Melianse replied, her voice ice, “but claiming the land, and holding it are two very different prospects.”
As energy began crackling around Mox’s fingertips, Velox quickly stepped forward.
“We are not looking for a confrontation,” he said. “Is there no peaceful way to resolve this? I don’t know of any way to replace your trees.”
Melianse remained silent for several moments.
“There may be a way,” she said at length. “There is a dryad a day’s ride west of here.”
“We’ve heard of her,” Velox nodded.
“She has in her possession several magical tokens. If these are planted in the ground, their enchantment will allow them to instantly become full-sized trees.”
“Do ya want us t’kill’er for’em?” Tungdill asked.
“I don’t think that will be necessary,” Melianse smiled. “But I’m sure she may want some favor in return.”
“Don’t they all,” Davrim sighed.
“If we agree to do this,” Velox said, “will you release these men?”
“Of course,” Melianse nodded. “Does that mean we have an accord?”

The trees ahead parted to reveal a peaceful forest glade dappled with sunlight. A small pond lay placidly at the roots of an enormous oak tree with a scattering of leaves floating upon its surface. Birdsong twittered from the branches high above. A woman kneeled by the pond, quietly weeping. She looked up as she noticed the arrival of the companions, and it was then that they saw she was not a woman at all. Her hair seemed to be made of Fall leaves, while her gown appeared to be woven from reeds, rushes, and flowers.
“Who are you?” she asked, wiping back her tears. “If you mean me harm, be warmed I am far from defenseless!”
“We are not enemies,” Velox said. “We were sent here by Melianse. We’ve come to beg a boon from you.”
The dryad shook her head sadly. “What have I to offer? My life is forfeit!”
“What do you mean?” Mox asked.
“I am called Tiressia,” the dryad replied, “and my tale is a tragic one. Several weeks ago, a foul and evil creature invaded these woods, and ever since then, we’ve been hunted.”
“What sort of creature?” Davrim asked suspiciously.
“A carnivorous, intelligent plant known as a scythe tree,” Tiressia said. “It apparently craves the taste of the flesh of my kind.”
“You said ‘we,’” Velox said. “Are there more of you?”
Tiressia turned towards the trees and called a single, melodious note. A few moments later, a creature emerged. He had the upper body of a young man, but the bottom half of a goat, and a pair of small horns sprouted from his brow. His face was a mass of bruises, and several healing lacerations crisscrossed his torso.
“This is my lover, Falchos,” Tiressia said. “He suffered his wounds trying to protect me. We only just managed to drive the scythe tree away the last time. We shan’t be able to do it again. I have appealed to the other creatures of fairy nearby, but they fear for their own safety.”
“We will deal with this problem for you,” Mox stated, “but we need something in return. Melianse told us that you have in your possession several magical tokens…tree tokens.”
“All that I have is yours if you would do this thing for us!” Tiressia cried.
“Then set your mind at ease,” Mox promised.

The sweet stench of decay hung thick in the woodland clearing. Knotted branches of sickly trees lined the perimeter, creating a thick canopy that blocked most of the sunlight and cloaked the hollow in shadow. Withered vegetation struggled to grow in ragged clumps among the multitude of bones strewn across the forest floor. Velox took point as the group cautiously entered the killing ground, and so it was he who first saw the tree move. He tried to warn his companions, but the battle fury took him, and when he opened his mouth, only the tongue of the Celestials would come forth. The huge tree surged forward, unfurling branches that ended in wicked, hook-like scythes. As Davrim and Stevhan stepped to Velox’s side, one of the massive branches swung in a deadly arc, slashing across both the ranger and the inquisitor simultaneously.

“I might not know much,” Tungdill roared, “but I know a little somethin’ ‘bout trees, and not a one of’em I’ve met cares fer fire!”
The druid hurled a rolling sphere of flames towards the scythe tree, and it wailed in fear and pain as its dry bark caught fire. Davrim and Stevhan rushed in, both hacking and slashing at the dense trunk, but with two mighty swings of its limbs, the tree swatted them both away. Before it could recover itself fully, however, Selena added her own fireball to its dilemma. The great tree reeled, and Velox drove his sword deep into the fleshy pulp beneath the bark. It fell, and continued to burn, becoming a massive bonfire in a matter of moments.

Tiressia was overjoyed when the heroes returned with news of their victory. She gladly rewarded them with six of the tree tokens, one more than the nixie required. In addition, she promised to lend her aid in guarding the Narlmarches, and keeping them apprised of any threats within its borders. Melianse was equally pleased when the companions returned to her pool and presented her with the tokens. She pledged her loyalty to Kardashia, and vowed to watch the rivers along the Greenbelt for trouble or rumors of danger. Kardashia’s influence was growing…but so were the rumors of trouble to the south…

JollyDoc

Explorer
INTERLUDE

Attn: High Judge Graham,

Davrim, 1st year judge of Iomedae, reports that bandit activity in the Stolen Lands has been reduced by at least half since our last communication. In addition, a new nation has been established, and I believe that the moral bent of this nation strongly favors that of the Lady of Justice. I have been given a position within this nation as Royal Executioner. I trust this meets with your approval. I have also encountered an oracle of our Lady, who holds the position of General. He follows the faith, but some of the finer points of our teachings are not known to him. I have been instructing him to the best of my abilities. I await further orders.

Dear Judge Graham,

Hello, and I send you warm wishes from the Stolen Lands. I miss you and mother terribly, as well as the other Judges. Much has happened since I left, as you may have gathered from the documents I have included with my official report. Some of these events have caused me to question the edicts that the Judges live by. A man sent to sow dissent in our kingdom was executed by my hand. I was unable to discern his true moral nature. I have also taken on a project, so to speak. It involves a lizardfolk hatchling.

With love,
Davrim

JollyDoc

Explorer
NOT ALL FEY ARE FAIRIES

A ruined, circular keep loomed out of the forest, surrounded by towering, ancient trees draped with hanging moss. Four circular towers sprouted from the cracked walls like the trunks of great trees, at least one crumbled into rubble. Twisting vines and thick moss covered the walls in a coat of verdant green, which blended the ruins almost seamlessly into the surrounding woods. The overgrown remains of a path led to an open, arched gateway that gaped in the keep’s eastern wall, its doors long since rotted away. This, then, was the abandoned redoubt that Narthropple had spoken of. Cautiously, the companions made their way around the perimeter. On the southern side, they found an area where the wall had collapsed completely. It was there, rather than the obvious approach of the main gate, that they chose to enter. As they drew nearer to the walls, Selena paused, looking up at a series of complex runes carved there.
“These are elven,” she said, “but they’re old…older than any I’ve ever seen.”

Stevhan held up a hand to stop his companions as they reached the breach.
“Let me take a look at things first,” he said quietly.
He crept through the hole, quiet as a whisper even over the shifting rubble. At his side, Chester was, if possible, even more silent. A graceful tower rose out of the keep’s central courtyard, which was overgrown with bushes, undergrowth, and several sizeable trees. Like the outer walls, the tower was draped with vines and creepers, and several small plants had taken up residence on ledges and in cracks along its sides. The tower to Stevhan’s left stretched high into the sky, its upper reaches hidden in the forest’s canopy. The vines that choked the tower’s exterior, which were festooned with bleached humanoid skulls, nearly obscured the dark arrow slits. At ground level, a closed wooden door hid behind a cloak of hanging vines. To the ranger’s right, a wooden door made from roughly-cut timber planks, obviously of newer construction than the rest of the keep, blocked the entrance to another tower. Stevhan motioned the others forward as he moved towards the skull bedecked tower. He never noticed the door to the tower behind him slowly crack open.

Stevhan and Chester drew closer to the sinister tower as the others scrabbled through the breached wall. He turned once more to wave his friends forward, and that’s when the plants came alive around him. Vines and grass twined around his legs, while nearby bushes reached for his arms. Behind him, he heard Chester wail in pain and surprise. He spun in time to see the cheetah lifted bodily into the air by a thick, ropey tendril that seemed to have sprouted from the tower…an assassin vine! Chester quickly went limp as the plant wrapped tightly around his neck. The vine dropped him unceremoniously to the ground. Stevhan was too shocked to notice the shadowy form that emerged from one of the tower arrow slits and began climbing silently down the side of the structure.

Velox stood stunned by what was happening. It was as if the entire courtyard had come alive. Suddenly, a faint buzzing sound filled his ears, like the whine of swarm of hornets. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught the barest flicker of movement, and then felt a searing pain in his thigh. When he looked down, he saw a gaping wound in his leg that was pouring blood. An evil giggling laughter came from several yards away. He looked around and saw a strange little creature crouched in the grass. It was about a foot tall, with pointed ears and pinched features. It gripped a small sword in its hand that dripped with the oracle’s blood.
“Not so smart, are you big’un?” the quickling tittered in a high-pitched voice. “But it’s not me you need to watch out for…it’s him!”
The creature began vibrating in place so quickly, that it shortly disappeared from view entirely.

Stevhan slashed the assassin vine completely in two as it reached for him. Instantly, the writhing vegetation around him went still…as still as Chester. Stevhan moved towards his friend, but stopped in his tracks as a shadow suddenly loomed up in front of him. On the surface, it looked like a slender elf with pale, green skin that had the texture of smooth bark. Its face was deformed, with a grotesque, toothy maw, and its hands sported razor-sharp talons. It wore nothing but a red and black loincloth, though its arms and shoulders bore a number of scar-like patterns. Before Stevhan could react, the thing slashed at him with its claws, and as they pierced his flesh, he felt hot poison spill into his blood. He reeled back as the monstrosity advanced on him, its mouth opening even wider. As it leaned in towards his throat, however, a whickering blade swung across Stevhan’s vision. The sword glowed with holy power, and as it struck the beast’s flesh, it seared through it, lifting its head cleanly from its shoulders. Stevhan looked behind him, stunned, and saw Davrim standing there, the inquisitor limned in golden light.

Selena drew a pinch of shimmering powder from her belt pouch and casually tossed it towards the spot where the quickling had vanished. In a flash, the evil little creature was limned in sparkling light. He cried out as he was struck blind by the brilliant light. Immediately, Mox released a volley of mystic bolts, and the fey shrieked and tried to run, stumbling through the courtyard. As it darted past Velox, the oracle hacked down with his sword, nearly cutting the little beast in two.

Chester wasn’t dead, but it had been a near thing. Stevhan tended his companion’s wounds, and then secreted him away in one of the ruined towers.
“I’ll return for you soon,” the ranger promised as he pulled the door closed.
The others waited outside, at the base of the central tower. Velox nodded as Stevhan joined them.

The wide chamber of the main tower had an impressive vaulted ceiling. Though obscured in places by earth and undergrowth, the hall’s floor was crafted of smooth stone tiles in multicolored pastel hues. The walls of the chambers were decorated with faded frescoes of sylvan life, showing scenes of beautiful elves engaged in hunting, feasting, dancing, singing, and a bewildering variety of other idyllic pursuits. To the west, a graceful, filigreed stone staircase, garlanded with flowering vines, climbed to the level above. Cautiously, the group began to climb. They’d gone no further than halfway, when a cloying, violet mist began to fill the hall. The companions began coughing and choking as the mist entered their lungs. Their heads began to fill with maddening visions of dark, moonless nights; twisted, malignant trees; and hot, streaming rivers of blood. Clutching their skulls, they ran up the remaining stairs, desperate to escape the nightmarish poison.

The stairs ended in a circular room that featured wide windows draped with hanging vines that offered panoramic views of the keep’s overgrown courtyard and the forest beyond. An open, circular skylight in the ceiling provided glimpses of the forest canopy overhead. The walls between the windows were carved with exquisite, delicate nature motifs highlighted in gold and silver leaf. A riot of flowers, plants and bushes sprouted from the thick loam that carpeted the hall’s floor, as if one were walking in a fantastic glade elevated high above the forest floor. An elven woman stood in the center of the room, golden hair faming alabaster skin and green eyes. She wore a flowing, white gown of archaic elven style, tied at the waist with a blood red scarf. As the companions entered, she smiled beautifully at them, then raised her hands into the shaft of sunlight that streamed down through the open skylight. When she did so, the vines on the wall, the grass on the floor, and even the shrubs began to writhe, wrapping and twining themselves around the legs of the heroes. At the same time, the elven woman began to dance. Slow and seductive at first, she quickly moved into a gyrating, whirling, grinding dervish-like performance. Velox tried to move, but found he could not tear his eyes away from the performance. Davrim, Tungdill and Leaf were likewise enthralled, and even Mox, whose experiences in the courts of Restov had opened her to more…worldly…diversions, found herself smitten, and growing warm all over.
“Look away!” Stevhan cried.
When the ranger looked at the woman, he saw that her eyes had gone crimson, her skin splotchy and veined. When she opened her mouth, wicked fangs had sprouted and protruded over her ruby lips. He drew his bowstring back and released, but when the arrow struck the woman, it bounced harmlessly off her flesh, as if it were made of stone. Still, his companions were rapt…all save Selena. The witch climbed quickly to the top of the stairs and stood beside the ranger. She forked the sign of the Eye at the fiend. The woman hissed, and averted her gaze, but her dancing never stopped. Instead, her smile only broadened.
“Why don’t you fly away now, little witch?” she purred. “I will entertain your friends awhile longer, and then I will send them after you.”
Selena felt her thoughts grow cloudy. What the elf was suggesting sounded reasonable. What harm could there be? She turned and waved goodbye to Stevhan, and then floated gracefully up the to the skylight and into the air beyond.
“Now!” the dancing lady hissed at Stevhan. “You and I have unfinished business!”
She rushed towards him, her fingers hooked into claws. Stevhan dropped his bow and pulled his sword in a single, fluid motion. He swept the blade across her belly, and blood spewed like a fountain. The woman’s eyes widened in shock.
“Iron?” she cried.
“I don’t like your kind,” Stevhan smiled.
She tried to dart around him, opening her mouth as she moved towards Velox’s throat. Rooted to the floor though he was, Stevhan was still able to pivot as she passed. He swung again, hacking into her knees. She stumbled and fell. She looked up, one hand raised to cover her face as the sword descended one last time.

“A what??” Selena asked.
Her mind was still slightly fogged, and she shook her head to clear it.
“A baobhan sith,” Leaf repeated. “They’re monstrous legends among my people. Twisted, evil creatures that drink the blood of the living.”
“A vampire?” Davrim asked, his blood still boiling when he thought about how easily he’d been rendered helpless.
“Yet not undead,” Leaf said. “They are fey.”
“I’ve never heard of so many different types of fey working together like this,” Stevhan said.
“Me neither,” Tungdill grumbled. “Ain’t natural. The whole thing stinks!”
“At least it wasn’t a total loss!” Mox said.
She held a beautifully carved statuette in her hands. It looked like a dancing elven woman, crafted out of pure marble.
“This looks like just the sort of thing Lily Teskertin commissioned us to find.”

As the companions continued to blaze their way through the Narlmarches, they came upon a huge deadfall of trees and brambles that lay in a mossy heap, a mountain in miniature left from some violent windstorm several seasons past. Numerous cave-like hollows pierced the deadfall in many places, but one particularly deep one drew the attention of the heroes. Inside, it opened into a large, dim cavern, permeated with a heavy, animal musk. A snarling grunt from the far side of the cave quickly identified the source. Spikes covered the body of the vaguely reptilian creature, jutting forth from nearly every angle. The beast’s gaping mouth was filled with dagger-sharp teeth, and a sinister crimson glow filled its eyes. Squat and powerful, the creature’s arms terminated in massive clawed feet just as suited to digging as to rending its prey limb from limb. With a feral hiss, it charged forward. Mox met its charge with a huge explosion of fire that filled the entire back half of the cave, but when the flames cleared, the beast was still coming. The companions scattered, but Selena was a step too slow. The monster caught her on the spikes atop its head and tossed her a dozen feet into the air. She landed in a heap against one wall. Davrim and Stevhan charged forward while the creature was distracted, and both of them plunged their blades into its thick hide. It spun and bit in all directions, but gradually, its movements slowed and then ceased altogether. It was only at that point that they noticed the long spear protruding from its back. The lumberjack had been right: hodags did exist!

Another day drew to a close in the gloom beneath the trees of the Narlmarches. It was Mox who first spied the dragon. Its yellow, reptilian eyes blinked once from the lower boughs of the tree as its gaze met hers. She opened her mouth to warn the others, but she was a moment too late. The creature’s maw yawned widely, and it spat out a glob of viscous fluid. When it struck the ground amidst the companions, it exploded into a noxious, green cloud of burning, acidic fumes. Mox managed to dive aside just before the cloud dispersed, and she answered that attack with an explosive ball of fire. The forest drake roared and flew down from its perch, but by that time, Stevhan was ready. The ranger, his eyes still streaming, rushed at the dragon and hewed into it with his blade. The drake roared again, and opened its wings, intending to take to the air. Before it could take flight, however, Stevhan struck again, this time severing its head from its long, serpentine neck.

EPILOGUE

“So your mind is set on this course, then?” Mox asked.
“It is,” Leaf nodded. “I feel that I can better perform the duties that you chose me for if I can be closer to the populace. Being away for extended periods like this, I don’t feel like I’m doing you any good. Perhaps if I’d been in Veritas at the time, I could have put a stop to that whole business with that rabble-rouser a lot sooner. Trust me, it will be for the best.”
This time it was Mox who nodded.
“I understand,” she said. “We all have to follow our own path. I do trust you…completely. Ultimately, I think, it shall be your endeavors that make or break our new nation.”

Zanticor

First Post
Great read again JD! Are you losing a player? I like Leaf's role as keeping an eye on the peoples sentiment. Hope you don't lose him as a NPC as well. He could always be brought back as the leader of the underground resistance to the dictatorship of Mox. Or maybe something a bit more subtle. Keep it up. I can't wait for something really explosive to happen that throws them all from their smug comfortable ruling positions.

Remove ads