JollyDoc's Savage Tide-Updated 10/8!

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Holy cow! This update covers a LOT of territory. How long did it take at the table to get through all of the above?

Also: I laughed out loud at "Fang XIII." Give us more Lugnut!

Also also: are those three dead-dead, or just KO'd?

-z

JollyDoc

Explorer
Morrow said:
Nasty, very nasty. Where was Thrisp through all this? It appears that several rounds went by between going invisible and popping up again to use the elixir of fire breath. Not that anyone could blame a beguiler for laying low when the plant monsters come to visit...

Morrow

He was busy sneaking away to a safe distance. The assassin vines had blindsight, so when Anwar tried to creep away invisibly, they saw him and got him with an AOO. Thrisp, as a beguiler, can make a successful move silently, hide in shadows check and NO form of senses can detect him, not blindsight, not Scent...nada! So, he moved to a safe distance, did a bit of buffing, then came back at the last moment for the kill.

JollyDoc

Explorer
Zaruthustran said:
Holy cow! This update covers a LOT of territory. How long did it take at the table to get through all of the above?

Also: I laughed out loud at "Fang XIII." Give us more Lugnut!

Also also: are those three dead-dead, or just KO'd?

-z

Believe it or not, we covered this in our usual play time. We usually start somewhere around 4 pm on Sunday and try to finish up before 11.

Don't worry...Lugnut will be around for awhile I think.

Hmm...should I be cruel? Nah. Samson, Basil and Anwar all lived, but ony by the skin of their teeth, especially Basil. When the Assassin Vine slammed him, grappled him and constricted him, he went exactly to zero hit points. Then it constricted him again, leaving him somewhere in the neighborhood of -9 before he stabilized. It was tense. I certainly didn't want a TPK, but it was touch and go there for a little while.

Joachim

First Post
JollyDoc said:
He was busy sneaking away to a safe distance. The assassin vines had blindsight, so when Anwar tried to creep away invisibly, they saw him and got him with an AOO. Thrisp, as a beguiler, can make a successful move silently, hide in shadows check and NO form of senses can detect him, not blindsight, not Scent...nada! So, he moved to a safe distance, did a bit of buffing, then came back at the last moment for the kill.

Actually...it's the Darkstalker feat that lets me do this...Oh, and my Hide and Move Silently checks are disgusting.

I did cast haste on Sepoto and Samson, but I was basically having to move slowly all the time as each round I had to spend a move action moving silently and hiding, and with the difficult terrain each 5 foot step cost 20 feet of movement.

And, yes, Beguilers do not like plants. Plants kind of suck.

Schmoe

Adventurer
Spooky. Journey's End has a great horror atmosphere. Well, great if you're the DM or a reader :) Man, if the little baby plant monsters did this to the Legion, what's mommy going to do?

I hope the Legion makes it to Farshore at least mostly intact. I can't wait to see how Anwar's impersonation of Avner plays out.

Need_A_Life

First Post
Schmoe said:
Spooky. Journey's End has a great horror atmosphere. Well, great if you're the DM or a reader :) Man, if the little baby plant monsters did this to the Legion, what's mommy going to do?
Lay down and bleed to death, most likely...
I doubt they'd let themselves get caught in the same disadvantage twice in a row. Besides, having a Darkstalker means that they'll be able to get off at least one free attack/round.

I'm surprised that Anwar doesn't have that feat that allows him to use bardic music against plants (or the one that allows him to affect undead for that matter).

Schmoe said:
I hope the Legion makes it to Farshore at least mostly intact. I can't wait to see how Anwar's impersonation of Avner plays out.
Seconded!
I wonder just how much he'll be able to scam out of his newly adopted uncle before JollyDoc tells him to cut it out ;)
Hey, a simple diplomacy check and the poor sucker will be licking our immoral bard's boots!

gfunk

First Post
Need_A_Life said:
I doubt they'd let themselves get caught in the same disadvantage twice in a row.

Precisely, that which does not TPK us only serves to make us stronger. After that battle, the cogs of strategy were already turning in my head and I'm sure in Joachim's and other party members. Oh, we'll be ready for those green bastards next time . . .

I'm surprised that Anwar doesn't have that feat that allows him to use bardic music against plants (or the one that allows him to affect undead for that matter).

@ First I thought you were joking but I couldn't find the punchline! Anwar is already a sub-optimal build, I can't possibly imagine taking the Green Ear feat to compound this! Why take a feat that only effects 0.0000001% of creatures you meet? Age of Worms would have been a good opportunity to take the undead feat though.

I wonder just how much he'll be able to scam out of his newly adopted uncle before JollyDoc tells him to cut it out ;) Hey, a simple diplomacy check and the poor sucker will be licking our immoral bard's boots!

Well, you are both assuming that Avner's Uncle actually likes him. From Avner's behavior, that is a farily tenuous assumption ;)

Remove ads