• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jon Hodgson Patreon

Jon Hodgson, artist at Cubicle 7 who has worked on a number of RPGs, including The One Ring and Adventures in Middle-earth, has started up a Patreon to create maps, and maybe other things (currently talking about making a process video), but sounds like mostly maps.

https://www.patreon.com/jonhodgsonmaps/overview

The tiers are inexpensive and he only started this week so you haven't missed out on much. If you like the art style in TOR and AiME I'm sure this will be similar to that. Some people have suggested that the first map is suitable as a battlemap for "Of Leaves and Stewed Hobbit" or "Those Who Tarry No Longer." Of course you could use them for whatever you want and they don't even have to be used in a Middle-earth setting.

Jon's words from Patreon:
"Everything will be system-agnostic and will skew towards what I know and do best - Low fantasy, with a Northern-European mythic flavour. So fans of Tolkien, Dragon Warriors, Beyond the Wall and their ilk will be well served. You’ll be getting barrows and hillforts, caves and forest ruins. All the good stuff!"

Check out the page for more information, better to read it directly from Jon's typing as opposed to me trying to paraphrase what he said.

Happy gaming!

Remove ads