• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

2000AD Judge Dredd - Rapid Fire

Judge Morbo

Street Judge
Are there any rules regarding "rapid fire" with a lawgiver or a spitgun? How do you handle this?

Thanx in advance for your opionion / insight / help :)

Judge Morbo

Street Judge
hmm.....don't think this fits. If i use a spitgun or machinegun and don't use suppressive fire, this trait will do nothing. So if i have no one to protect with suppressive fire, i can do nothing with an automatic weapon. I am a perp and fire 100 bullets in a crowd....i just it 1 target

Judge Morbo

Street Judge
I think, it should be an area attack vs. vital defense of the targets....but how calculating the fire rate in relation to number of max targets? How much area can i spray with my bullets?

And by the way....how much bullets do you spend for suppressing fire? :)

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
hmm.....don't think this fits. If i use a spitgun or machinegun and don't use suppressive fire, this trait will do nothing. So if i have no one to protect with suppressive fire, i can do nothing with an automatic weapon. I am a perp and fire 100 bullets in a crowd....i just it 1 target

It's the answer to your question. But you should certainly feel free to houserule your game! :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Then you're looking at existing Spray and Stafe exploits, available to weapons with the auto trait.

Judge Morbo

Street Judge
me again :) ok...in my game we use the Lawgiver MKII with a rapid fire mode (like in the movies and nearly all audio books). I use the unviersal exploits Morrus mentioned as weapon traits.....but there is one question coming from this...how would you handle damage, if i use rapid fire / Universal exploit "Spray" on just ONE target?

Any ideas for a good and playable houserule?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So basically the effect you're going for is you want automatic weapons to do more damage? I mean, I don't think that would make for a better game, but if you're set on houseruing it that way, add an extra dice of damage.

Last edited:

Remove ads