• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Judgement Day (Full)

Bialaska

First Post
Bront said:
You know, I had a thread about this subject that almost came to blows (Fairly impressive on the net). Did you include the extra cost of the spell itself? I think an XP sucking spell costs extra (might be 1 gp per xp, but that bumps the cost up)

It costs 5 gp per XP that the casting wizard must use. That is the reason that the spell costs 28,325 rather than just 3,325 as any other 9th level spell would.

Rkhet

First Post
Somebody buy a Staff of Cosmos. Use Intensified Meteor Swarms for 96 bludgeoning plus 288 fire damage, no save on primary target.

RandomPrecision

First Post
Jemal said:
As soon as your ECL becomes 21 you are considered Epic for all purposes including Attack and Save bonuses. (See Monsters as Epic Characters, page 209 DMG)

Not according to the FAQ by WotC.

When is a monster character considered epic level? Do you "go epic" when you total class levels equal 20 or when your total Hit Dice equal 20? Is a monster character eligible for epic-level feats (such as Epic Toughness) when its character level is 21+ or when its ECL is 21+?
A monster becomes an epic-level character when its character level hits 21, just like any other character. A monster's character level is equal to its racial Hit Dice + class levels. (See the second sidebar on page 25 of the Epic Level Handbook.)
A creature's ECL has no effect on when it becomes an epic character, although once it becomes an epic character, its ECL continues to affect how much experience it earns and when it can add a new level.

That would affect my character too...

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
RandomPrecision said:
Not according to the FAQ by WotC.

When is a monster character considered epic level? Do you "go epic" when you total class levels equal 20 or when your total Hit Dice equal 20? Is a monster character eligible for epic-level feats (such as Epic Toughness) when its character level is 21+ or when its ECL is 21+?
A monster becomes an epic-level character when its character level hits 21, just like any other character. A monster's character level is equal to its racial Hit Dice + class levels. (See the second sidebar on page 25 of the Epic Level Handbook.)
A creature's ECL has no effect on when it becomes an epic character, although once it becomes an epic character, its ECL continues to affect how much experience it earns and when it can add a new level.

That would affect my character too...

The SRD says differently, They tweeked ECL and LAs in 3.5

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Shoot me now.

I will also have to bow out of this game as my house flooded yesterday and to top it off my dog got sprayed by a skunk late last night.

Needless to say I do not have the time to finish making my character.

I was really looking forward to playing in here too.

Have fun and kill the good guys.

:D

Ferrix

Explorer
I think the only difference was that when you hit ECL 21 you can select epic feats, although until you hit character level 21 you progress your BAB & Saves normally.

Don't quote me on that though.

Wrahn

First Post
Ferrix said:
I think the only difference was that when you hit ECL 21 you can select epic feats, although until you hit character level 21 you progress your BAB & Saves normally.

Don't quote me on that though.

I am quoting you on that. :)

The rule is in on sidebar on pg25 of the ELH. The FAQ ticks me off, since it directly contridicts the rules and IS NOT errata (a mistake or change to the rules). The only conclusion I can draw is that the person making the FAQ is mistaken or drawing from a source I have no access to.

Pyrex

First Post
DM Question: Minions.

I'm going to have somewhere in the vicinity of 350hd worth of undead minions.
Which of the following groups of critters are acceptable minions?

A) Undead from the SRD.
B) Undead from the SRD advanced by adding HD.
C) Undead from the SRD advanced by adding Class Levels.

(obviously if A isn't allowed I've got something of a problem :D)

Remove ads