• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Judgement Day (Full)

Pyrex

First Post
Yeah, it's just been a long day is all. :)

Mostly I was wondering what made the Ranger level important enough to take it over another Loremaster level.

Here's my take on the whole "when does epic happen" business:

You become eligible for Epic Feats at ECL 21.
You accumulate BaB and Saves as normal until you have a total of 20 HD.

(I may be completely wrong, but that's been my understanding)

Well, I'm off for the weekend. See y'all on monday.

DM Open Issues:
--What advancement is acceptable for my Undead minions? Can I advance them with additonal HD and/or class levels or do I just use
stock undead from the SRD?
--What are the guidelines for custom items?

Wrahn

First Post
Pyrex said:
Here's my take on the whole "when does epic happen" business:

You become eligible for Epic Feats at ECL 21.
You accumulate BaB and Saves as normal until you have a total of 20 HD.

(I may be completely wrong, but that's been my understanding)

That is my exact understanding as well.

Unnamed bonuses come from the Amulet of Clutha'nae.

Kerrz

First Post
Fair enough. Found it in the Complete Divine book. It says, "As lesser visage of the diety" and Lesser Visage of the Diety gives a +4 Enhancement Bonus to Cha. Not an Unnamed bonus. So, the bonuses from Greater Visage of the Diety would also be enhancements.

Albedo

First Post
Rkhet said:
Questions to the DM:

1. If I Shapechange into another monster, do I keep the inherent bonuses on my physical ability scores?

2. Can I make use of my items if I Shapechange into incorporeal undead?

3. There is a spell from Magic of Faerun, Favor of Ilmater, that I'd like to use. Can I? I'll rename it to Favor of the Martyr or something.

[edit: actually, nevermind the spell. It says Ilmater clerics only.]

Ok, heres how the Shapechanging thing works. Inherent Bonuses are something that is tied to your character at all times. It never changes, no matter what. So yes, you keep ALL Inherent bonuses when you shapechange. Now, in terms of items, when you shapechange you can only use your items if you turn into a creature which ciuld use your items. If you are incorporeal, you could only use things that have the ghost touch feature (weapons and armour).

Bront

The man with the probe
Guys, I think I may to have to bow out. While it's been fun munchkining out a character, it's making my head hurt, and I have a lot on my plate already. I'm realy not liking the epic rules the more I read them and have to deal with them.

Wrahn

First Post
Kerrz said:
Fair enough. Found it in the Complete Divine book. It says, "As lesser visage of the diety" and Lesser Visage of the Diety gives a +4 Enhancement Bonus to Cha. Not an Unnamed bonus. So, the bonuses from Greater Visage of the Diety would also be enhancements.

:)

Not listed, it is unnamed.

SRD
A bonus that isn’t named stacks with any bonus.

Greater Visage of the Diety allows the caster to take on aspects of the Half-Celestial or half-fiendish template, is it your position that those bonuses gained from those templates are enhancement bonuses?

Extrapolating meaning from lower level spells is kind of pointless, particularly when the effects are so divergent.

Remove ads