D&D 1E Judges Guild Character Classes for OD&D/AD&D?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Brilliant! Now that I see that list I know I knew it existed - oh well. so much to remember, so much to forget.
I guess that list does settle it: AL for Alchemist, SA for Samurai, and SG for sage.
So I'll be using the DMG1 sage for the SGs I need to deal with, and the early The Dragon Samurai and Alchemist for the SAs and ALs, respectively. Seems the way to go.

Now here's to hoping that the "GH" in the "RANDOM FOLLOWER CHART" for "BAs" in the Castle Book is a typo!

View attachment 289513
Wouldn't be the only one, of course... :)
Is the monks max 120 ogre mage followers a typo? What would you do with a 100 ogre mages?

robertsconley

Adventurer
Page 73 to 75 of the City State of the Invincible Overlord Revised (JG0062 not the earlier JG0010).

1688706214854.png

1688706350436.png

1688706329369.png
1688706299023.png

ldvhl

Explorer
I suppose the WITCH could well be the OD&D Witch class in The Dragon 5.

Hold on... it's more likely the one in Witches Court Marshes (JG, 1982)

"The Idiot" or perhaps the Jester from The Dragon 3 for the BUFFOON?

I thought the VALKYRIE could be in Shield Maidens of Sea Rune, but no.

As to the DEMON - it's not in Demons of Dundurn.
Following up on these - does anybody know where these classes might be found? I'm particularly interested in Valkyrie and Demon, since we've had Witches and Buffoons written up elsewhere.

GuyBoy

Hero
Following up on these - does anybody know where these classes might be found? I'm particularly interested in Valkyrie and Demon, since we've had Witches and Buffoons written up elsewhere.
Sadly, I can’t help with an answer but my DM used the ones from the old Dragon magazine as the Witches of Marmon in his Wilderlands campaign in around 1981 and our party got absolutely smashed (near TPK) and we were around level 10 and pretty well equipped. Still scares me today!

Last edited:

Remove ads