• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Judges Guild City State of the Invincible Overlord

jsepeta

First Post
When I first started playing D&D with my daughter a couple of years ago, I leaned heavily on my 1.0 AD&D books and materials, but now we're fully 4e (against her wishes - she digs the 3.x books and classes). I created a homebrew world for us using Tyrantis (the pirate city-state) because I had lent out my CSotIO materials to a friend's teenaged son. Well now I've got the d20 version of the CSotIO book and have decided to start converting parts to 4e to use as a guidebook for a big city with a rich set of descriptions of people, places, and myriad political and social mechanizations.

Am I crazy? Has anyone else done something like this? There's over 350 locations so I'm not planning on converting the whole book, but it just seems like it's got tons of creative content that I can lean on for what I'm hoping will become bi-weekly sessions at our local gaming store this summer. The Judges Guild material has a tendency to be a little more non-politically-correct, and since my daughter is 10 we're not going to go too much into the sexy grownup kind of stuff. But the fact that it's an evil city where slavery is allowed, makes it a little different than the watered-down Tyrantis I was working with last year (where in OUR world, a retired paladin had evicted the pirates from the city, and are now running a blockade from the sea).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads