July 2006 WotC Releases--MM IV, Secrets of Xen'Drik, d20 Super Heroes

Why a Xen'drik book? I thought Xen'drik was going to be left mostly hands off for DMs to put their own imprint on. Instead we're being told all its secrets. Did I miss something? Is there not enough mystery and intrigue in the vast continent of Khorvaire that we need to be running off to a new continent for a sourcebook already?

Psion

Adventurer
sanishiver said:
Here's to hoping the MMIV is more of the same, and not like the MMII, which IMNSHO is the runt of the MM litter.

My opinion is about the opposite. I found lots of interesting ideas in MMII, whereas MMIII sees much more occasional use in my game.

Jeremy E Grenemyer

Feisty
Supporter
I hate to admit to assuming, but I always assumed my opinion of the MM's II and III were right in line with the typical gamer opinion of those books..

Clearly I was wrong to some degree. Guess I'll have to take a second look at the MM II and figure out what I’m missing..

J. Grenemyer

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Why a Xen'drik book?

Because people want a Xen'drik book. As I recall, the calls for a Xen'drik book were loud and clear at GenCon when people were asked what sort of Eberron book they wanted.

Cheers!

Vanye

Explorer
BrooklynKnight said:
That type of book really isint suitable for Eberron.
(snip)
There simply wouldnt be ENOUGH for such a book without making up stuff that I dont feel would fit the flavor of the campagn

A FAITHS AND AVATARS style book would work. Something that provides usable information on the priesthoods (rites, rituals, holy days, important temples, celebrated clergy) would be useful.

Something like FAITHS AND PANTHEONS (which was mostly a collection of stat blocks for the deities, unfortuantely) would not.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Vanye,

You are right, there's no need for a faiths and panethons look. Faiths and Avatars, most definately.

*guesses he should have been at GenCon to call for a book on religions then.* :p

Pants

First Post
sanishiver said:
Clearly I was wrong to some degree. Guess I'll have to take a second look at the MM II and figure out what I’m missing..
No, I also agree with you.
MMII is the runt of the litter. It's got some good monsters and some lame, lame monsters. I also think that MMII had a lot more balance problems than MMIII. I found the ratio of 'cool' to 'lame' much more in favor of 'cool' with the MMIII.

Remove ads