• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

June 2009 - What are you reading?

EricNoah

Adventurer
Books: Let's see ... finished reading Swords & Deviltry, on to Swords Against Death. Also dug into the Bard's Gate city sourcebook for my D&D campaign.

Audiobooks: Finished listening to Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, blasted through Rendezvous with Rama, and am now in the middle of The Mauritius Command. I go through a lot of audiobooks in the summer on my bike rides...

Krug

Newshound
The Court of the Air by Stephen Hunt. Too much unexplained stuff running around. Am 3/4 through and only vaguely interested in proceedings.

Mercutio01

First Post
I hadn't planned on other books, but I just finished Heinlein's "The Door into Summer" and Moorcock's "City of the Beast or Warriors of Mars."

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I am just about to start The City & The City by China Mieville. I am greatly looking forward to starting it since I have loved all his previous works. He is probably one of my favourite authors.

Synopsis:

When the body of a murdered woman is found in the extraordinary, decaying city of Bes el, somewhere at the edge of Europe, it looks like a routine case for Inspector Tyador Borlu of the Extreme Crime Squad. But as he probes, the evidence begins to point to conspiracies far stranger, and more deadly, than anything he could have imagined. Soon his work puts him and those he cares for in danger. Borlu must travel to the only metropolis on Earth as strange as his own, across a border like no other. With shades of Kafka and Philip K. Dick, Raymond Chandler and "1984", "The City & The City" is a murder mystery taken to dazzling metaphysical and artistic heights.

Finishing up Keith Baker's Gates of the Night.

Not sure what I will begin in July. I'm getting fantasy burnout.

Started reading the 100 Bullets now. Seems good but I feel I need to get collections 1 and 2 to better understand it. (Just arrived at the book store this week)

S. Baldrick

Explorer
The Horror Stories of Robert E. Howard.
I have read most of these stories before in other collections but it is still fun to revisit R.E.H.'s stuff.

Richards

Legend
I'm reading Fleet of Worlds, a prequel to Ringworld that takes place in Larry Niven's "Known Space" universe some 200 years before the discovery of the Ringworld. It's been a good read thus far; I'd forgotten how much I like his puppeteer race. And, when I finish that, there's Juggler of Worlds, the next in the prequel series, waiting for me on the sidelines.

Johnathan

EricNoah

Adventurer
I have set aside Swords Against Death and instead am re-reading the short story collection Cthulhu 2000. I'm scouring my local public library system for some other collections of Cthulhu-esque stories.

I finished listening to The Mauritius Command and have moved on to Beggars in Spain.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads