• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[June] What are you playing?

IcyCool

First Post
Currently, I'm playing through Legend of Dragoon. I've got Thief: Deadly Shadows and Dragon Quest VIII in the queue. My wife is finishing up Lunar 2, and then she and I are going to run through Final Fantasy 6 (I haven't played it since I had it on the Super Nintendo, so the PS one version with CG scenes has a few new things for me).

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Still playing Eve-Online (will be playing that for some time to come, as i prepaid for six months). Sometimes playing a level of Dragonshard. I expect some NWN1 with Infinite Dungeons (maybe i'll finish Undertine).

Kanegrundar

Explorer
MVP 2005: Running through the 05 season as the Royals (complete re-draft of all the teams thankfully) in Owner Mode.

Started playing Final Fantasy 1 (again after many years), but my copy won't save so I guess I'm off to track down a PS2 and a copy of the FF Anthology. :(

Playing various SNES and NES games.

ohGr

First Post
Not being able to play New Super Mario Brothers (no DS) finally got to me, so i've been on an old-school Mario Bros kick. Finished Super Mario World last night and started on Yoshi's Island. I'll likely dig into SMB 3 after that, then maybe some of the old Gameboy Super Mario Land games or Wario World if i can actually find them.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Right now I'm alternating between Heroes of Might and Magic 5 and Suikoden 5 (still). More HoMM5, since I just got it more recently. Loads better than HoMM4, I must say. I'm enjoying learning the nuances of each faction as I play the campaigns (Haven and Inferno so far).

I bought NWN: Infinite Dungeons and was thoroughly underwhelmed by it. NWN is definitely aged, that's for sure. Even so, I've been playing ID every couple of days for about half an hour, before I get sick of it. It's a cool concept piece, displaying what can be done with the engine, but the design is just awful.

Dragon Quest 8 and the New Super Mario Brothers are on my list to pick up at some point in time, when I'm not bogged down by games. Also, arranging a move and planning a life don't help free up time for that. :p

Aside: Where did the whole roman numeral naming scheme come from? We all (okay, most of us) use arabic numbers, so I'm a bit mystified. Just to be fancy, I suppose, but it kinda seems pretentious to me now.

ThirdWizard

First Post
I'm still playing Oblivion, making it a great purchase.

I just borrowed X-Men Legends 2 from someone, and I have to say I had forgotten how much fun Gauntlet-style bash 'em up can be, espeically multiplayer mode. Nightcrawler is sweeeet.

I'd like to try out Heroes of Might and Magic 5... but I don't know if I want to buy it without being sure about it since HoMM 4 was quite lackluster (3 post-major patching is my favorite). LightPhoenix seems to be enjoying it, though, so I'll check out some of the reviews.

Agamon

Adventurer
I'm also still playing Oblivion, but FarCry is taking more of my attention now, as shooting people in the head with a shotgun is a better stress reliever than slicing them up with a sword. :p

I foresee some more Sims 2 and Guild Wars: Factions in my future. And I want to play New SMB, too, but I also don't have a DS :(

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads