• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[June] What are you playing?

Kid Socrates

First Post
I am playing a lot of games.

On my PS2:

Madden 2006. When in doubt, I'm -always- playing Madden. In Year 4 of probably my 19th franchise this year. Now if I could get through a season without four people getting season-ending injuries...
NCAA 2006. Mostly just to import draft classes.
Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time. I didn't give this game much of a chance back when I got it last year, so I fired it back up. I think I'm near the end, and I still don't know what exactly I think of it. The plot twist is... well, one hell of a twist. I am shocked and appalled.
Samurai Warriors: Boy, do I love hacking through a bunch of mooks with an 11-year old Japanese girl with a paddleball for a weapon. I'm not being sarcastic in the least, which is... a little creepy, I think.

On my Gamecube:

My girlfriend's prodding me to play Skies of Arcadia: Legends again, so I think that's my next RPG to play. It's a good one.

PC:

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I'm only level 4, and I've hardly gotten started, but playing a stealth character, pickpocketing people of their weapons, and then laughing as they try to box you to death? Beautiful.
Heroes of Might and Magic V: Bonedragonbonedragonbonedragon...
Warcraft III: I'm always playing Warcraft III. For the Horde!
Starcraft: I'm ALWAYS playing Starcraft. Adun Toridas, mother------!
Rise of Legends: This is a weird and neat RTS. I dig it.
Civilization IV: Okay, I'm not actually playing it now, but I really, really want to! Not enough time!

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
I'm currently playing an "ancient" game:
Starfleet Command 2

I'm bored with the other games and am unwilling to shell out any more money, so I dug through my box for one I haven't played in a while.

Welverin

First Post
WingOver said:
Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you've heard of World of Warcraft (WOW) and you're asking about Half-Life 2: Episode 1. :)

Yep, that was it. I have HL2, which I need to finish and it was the Ep1 thing I hadn't heard of.

Thanks for the info.

John Crichton said:
Just beat Halo for the first time. Have Halo 2 right here. May pop it in soon.

Sooo, how long was that waiting to be finished?

Roudi

First Post
Two recently-acquired classics: Grim Fandango and Deus Ex.

Sweet bejesubub. With my mind already rolling with cybernetics and other futuristic augmentations, diving into Deus Ex is like submerging in a pool of Liquid Inspiration.

Just recently beat both Halo 1 & 2, on co-op mode, with the roommate who brought the wonderful X-Box into our lives. I also have a save file for Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask awaiting completion, so I can finally move on to playing Wind Waker. And my Minish Cap game is very close to finished.

Kid Socrates

First Post
Roudi said:
Just recently beat both Halo 1 & 2, on co-op mode, with the roommate who brought the wonderful X-Box into our lives. I also have a save file for Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask awaiting completion, so I can finally move on to playing Wind Waker. And my Minish Cap game is very close to finished.

I played some Halo 2 co-op with my old roommate last year -- as far as I'm concerned, there's no other way to play that game. Problems in playing as the Arbiter, though, as it's hard to tell him apart from everything else, led to some bad moments in whatever mission it is with the elevator, when the freaky little things start falling out of the sky in there with you.

Me: "AAAAAH!"
Him: "Ow! Stop! It's me! It's just me!"
(more fighting)
Me: "Another one!"
Him: "STILL ME!"
Me: "Sorry..."

And a little later, after it stopped.

Me (turned to the other character in the elevator): "Hey, so are we going to get out of the elevator or what?"
Him: "I'm already in the other room, doofus."
Me: "...then who is this?"
YOU HAVE DIED

Now I see why Halo is so addictive. That was about seven straight hours of crazy.

Victim

First Post
Welverin said:
Blasphemy! The Wing Commander and X-wing series were great space combat sims, and easily on par, though I considering the differences in play style I can see how they might not appeal to you.

Oh, I liked Wing Commander and X-Wing plenty, but I had a hard time getting WC2 to run recently. In more actiony games, it's harder to get DOS-BOX to deliver the needed power. Settings that worked well with X-COM sucked on WC2, and that's not counting the stability issues. The FS games work properly with XP, annoying minimization crash aside. Also, the graphics aren't so jarring.

And the huge ships are awesome.

I liked I-War, but damn do I suck at it. The farthest I've ever gotten was the mission with the captured cruiser, IIRC. Advancing in that game was pretty painful.

Gossamerblade

First Post
DDO has taken control!
But when I can run the kids off the PS2, I'll put in Champions of Norrath, CoN:Return to Arms, or BG: Dark Alliance II (even though I've beaten it on hard with every character, I still like the gameplay)

Remove ads