• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[June] What are you reading?

Welverin

First Post
I just started Brokedown Palace, by Steven Brust.

And since I haven't replied to one of these in a while, I'll go back a bi as well.

I believe I last mentioned Agyar or Cowboy Feng's Space Bar and Grill, both by Steven Brust, moved onto Dune the Battle of Corrin.

I picked up American Gods based on comments here, which more than made up for my severe dislike of Perdido Street Station, which I also picked up based on comments here.

Decided on a couple of SW books that had been sitting around too long, Survivor's Quest (Zahn) and Tatooine Ghost (Denning).

Next were Pillar of the Sun and The City of Towers, followed by the Revenge of the Sith novel.

I feel like I'm forgetting something, but I think that's it.

Ibram

First Post
I just finished reading "The Daemons Curse" which opens the new Malus Darkblade series of books from BL... and it confirms what I knew all along: Warhammer Dark Elves rock... sooo much better then those FR pozers

I'm getting ready to start the new book from REH "Bran Mac Morn, The Last King" which I am very much looking forward to.

Chaldfont

First Post
Just finished Glen Cook's The Silver Spike, a Black Company book I somehow missed while reading the series. It got me wanting to try out the Black Company game that just came out.

I just started Neal Stephenson's The System of the World. I love these books, but they are crowding out all my other reading.

On the other hand, they are improving my vocabulary by providing a nice divagation from my usual fare.

Wolf72

Explorer
I just picked up Blades of the Tiger ... only got a few pages into it, but I'm excited because I've been a big Taladas fan since the boxed set came out (waaay back when).

Aesmael

Explorer
Just picked up the other day volume 2 of Excel Saga & volume 6 of Berserk - shame no one seems to stock #5, have to keep looking.

The God book is very interesting but not detailed/thorough enough for my liking.

haiiro

First Post
I polished off a collection of non-fiction by Chuck Palahniuk, Stranger than Fiction -- which was great, up there with Haunted as my favorite work he's done -- and moved on to Fortune's Bastard, by Robert Chalmers (also excellent). I've been in some sort of magical good book zone lately, which is always nice. ;)

Finishing off The Claw of the Conciliator by Gene Wolfe. Are the other series he wrote, like the Long Sun and Short Sun series, also in the same world?

Next up I'll be taking a break from the Book of the New Sun before picking up the rest and reading The Devil in the White City by umm...I forget the author's name. Larson?

Remove ads