• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

June - What are you reading?

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Definitely see if you can track down Flashman. He's not for the easily offended, but he's a total hoot.

I've not read Sharpe's books. I'll have to look for them!

And if you're having fun with the Napoleonic Wars, I doubly recommend The Count of Monte Cristo: Napoleon has a brief cameo, but it's critical to the plot.

Daniel

BadMojo

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
Have you read Cornwell's Sharpe series? I've suspected that Sharpe would prove to be something I would like greatly, I just have not got around to it yet and as I have been on a bit of a Naval kick this year, O'Brian was more appealing topically.

I've only read one the of the Sharpe books, but it was great historical fiction. Lots of fun t read and a nice mix of proper history and Sharpe himself kicking some serious butt. The historical accuracy is good and the author actually notes in the afterward where he deviated from actual history.

Psionicist

Explorer
Just read: John Connolly - Every Dead Thing. Dark, gruesome thriller. Recommended.

Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone. I never read the Harry Potter books, but now when the series is coming to an end I figured I'd read them this summer.

Currently Reading: Ayn Rand - We The Living. Ever since I read Atlas Shrugged, The Fountainhead and Anthem I've been planning to read this, but I just can't get into it like the others.

Currently Reading: Linus Pauling - General Chemistry. For fun (i don't have to read this). Never was interested in chemistry, so I decided to check it out.

Will Read: John Connolly - Dark Hollow

Will Read: Neal Stephenson - Quicksilver. I enjoyed Cryptonomicon and Snow Crash, so this seems interesting.

Will Read: Harry Potter book 2

Ibram

First Post
I've been reading "The Fabric of the Cosmos" by Brian Green. Its a great bit that has realy helped explain some of the more complex aspects of relativity and quantum mechanics

Crothian

First Post
I finished Amber and now I'm reading Patricia Briggs. She has some good modern day were wolf like books. Nothing groundbreaking in them but enjoyable. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads