• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jupiter's Legacy (Netflix)

Stalker0

Legend
Well

But...
... that only makes sense if the entire wind-up was purely for us, the audience, since I don't think that the conversation before Raiku did a deep dive, also, supports that she was aware of what was going on. Sad to see that Anna will only have the one appearance. I liked her character.
Effectively we were seeing what Raiku and Grace were seeing, and Walt was hoping that Raiku wasn't good enough to see through it. But after he spoke with her later he confirmed that she was and the had to kill her.

So the scene was ultimately a failure, but at the time it made sense for Walt to try and hide from Raiku behind the fascade.

Mirtek

Hero
Got to the end. Yep, I liked it, but I'm not in love with it. A lot of people criticized the aging makeup and the costumes, but I thought they were fine.

I don't think I quite understood what was happening at the end though, and I think I need to watch it again. George is Skyfox, who is basically Batman but he went rogue and is the world's greatest supervillain. Wotsisname (the brother with mental powers) created a clone of big nuclear metal guy but made it look like Skyfox did it. And then went into the clone's mind and had a fight with Skyfox in there because reasons? Yeah, I need to watch that again!
After the plotwist I am not even sure that Skyfox has gone rogue at all. Maybe Brainwave framed him / turned the other heroes against him while Skyfox is actually innocent. So the version that he, Skyfox, told his son about the Union turning on him rather than him turning on them might be the truth

damiller

Adventurer
After the plotwist I am not even sure that Skyfox has gone rogue at all. Maybe Brainwave framed him / turned the other heroes against him while Skyfox is actually innocent. So the version that he, Skyfox, told his son about the Union turning on him rather than him turning on them might be the truth
Jupiter's Circle answers this.

Just finished EP 8. I give the series 8.5 out of 10 (a little more action would have given it a 10, I like supeheroes breaking stuff).

The discussion about Sacrifice was interesting. And I appreciate that Utopian knows he has sacrificed a lot.

And I really thought that Grace's point about questions was really a good point.

Both Sheldon and Walt have stopped asking themselves questions about the Code. Only in different ways, Sheldon has solidified into platitudes and Walt considers himself the Code. The scene about Skyfox and the arguments about the Code were interesting. It seems he was the only one engaging with it rather than just revering it or ignoring it.

Its all in the way they related to it. Sheldon is in an abusive relationship with the Code. Walter has left the relationship. Who knows about Skyfox. And the younger generation is just starting to do what I mentioned Grace said the Older Guard isn't doing anymore: asking themselves about what they are willing to do, and what they are not willing to do. And coming up with their own answers.

And that kind of thinking seems to fly in the face of sacrifice (and by extension the Code). Sheldon was willing to sacrifice himself (and now others) to the Code. Walt was willing to sacrifice others to his own code. They both end up in the same place: people sacrificed.

I hope brandon and the others don't stop asking how they want to relate to the Code.

I know i've gushed about this series, and I am really surprised at how much I've liked it, given its authorship I am surprised. And I know that a lot of the themes I've mentioned aren't so boldly portrayed (ie I'm bringing a lot of my own internal experiences to the material), I've been reading a book called "Letting Go" by David Hawkins, and this series just happened to drop as I finished it, and they had me thinking about these things already.

DrunkonDuty

he/him
That occurred to me too. I guess we'll find out if there's a season 2.

ccs

41st lv DM
Good enough show. I was entertained.
I know this is based on a comic. So in the comic does it answer the outstanding question of where all the other supers good/bad/otherwise who aren't children of the Union members came from?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Good enough show. I was entertained.
I know this is based on a comic. So in the comic does it answer the outstanding question of where all the other supers good/bad/otherwise who aren't children of the Union members came from?
Nope. Not even mentioned. There's dozens and dozens of them by the modern era. Walter has like 50 of them gather to kill Grace, so there
s probably at least a couple hundred or more?

Remove ads