Just a Thought

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Even if we have weather links in this thread, I don't think it would do much good live in chat, since not everyone reads these threads. If such links were added to the room descriptions, that might get more hits. Though, I don't know how easy it would be to add such links - nor how much work it would take to create something with the info.
I know I saw something for Oerth before - but, it was all on Oerth calendar, with no equiv for rl, so, I didn't know what day to look at. Could be I was looking in the wrong place, or blind.
Another question I have - I know on Wizards, there was a /time function, but, I don't think that works here. What time is it, in the various rooms? I was once told the Roads is set at Pacific (I don't know off the top of my head what time that is in GMT terms). It's good to have an idea of about when in the day it is.

Sienna_Rose said:
Another question I have - I know on Wizards, there was a /time function, but, I don't think that works here. What time is it, in the various rooms? I was once told the Roads is set at Pacific (I don't know off the top of my head what time that is in GMT terms). It's good to have an idea of about when in the day it is.

That time function was tremendously useful. Being on the other side of the world, I have my characters nod "Evenin'" to people and I get back "Morning". Knowing what 'time' it is in a specific plane can be very helpful when trying to make idle chit chat.

amryll

First Post
The CRT one is in the Greyhawk Journal, though that is not updated much anymore. The timezone thing would be really helpful though, but I heard that it was Pacific time as well.

Magi_Siani

First Post
I was doing a daily update on it for the Tavern until life got...interesting.

I need to figure out where in the calendar year we are vis a vis the Tavern and I'll resume posting them.

Siani

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
The standard time zone from Wizards was US EST, to the best of my knowledge this is the standard used by all settings (Setting Co-ordinators feel free to correct me). This was particularly convenient for The Meeting Place since it's the time zone for New York. There were plans to set up clocks etc for the chat pages, but unfortunately I just haven't had the time to do them do to work, moving houses, hiding the bodies of former housemates, etc..

I'll have a look at tweaking the HTML framing around the chat display to include a note if it would help people.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Magi_Gabriel said:
, hiding the bodies of former housemates, etc..
Always a bother, that.. .

Magi_Gabriel said:
I'll have a look at tweaking the HTML framing around the chat display to include a note if it would help people.

That would be helpful. :D

amryll said:
The CRT one is in the Greyhawk Journal
Where? Is that on Wizards? In some link under Settings here?

Magi_Siani said:
I need to figure out where in the calendar year we are vis a vis the Tavern and I'll resume posting them.
But, posting them where?! *sniffles*
;) (I know, I just asked the same question twice, essentially)

Magi_Siani

First Post
The actual place I post them is on my own website. However, when you are in the Tavern and you have the tavern heading displayed on top with the description of the place and such, if you scroll down there's a link to it there. It is currently out of date of course, but I'll remedy that in the next day or so.

Sorry

Siani

Khaira

First Post
FYI for ya'll ... the weather for Waterdeep for the rest of the month has been posted in the Rotunda [thread/forum/whatever fandangled term you'd like].

Weather for the month of Kythorn (the FR equivalent of June) is up right now. It is in the first Sticky titled "Rotunda Setting Update ((OOC Setting Info))". Hope this helps some!

Remove ads