• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Just checking... how many times have your players died?

godawful

First Post
Just wondering the mortality rate for an average adventuring group. There are 6 players in my gaming session, and if i remember correctly, now that they have reached 9th-12th-ish level, the mortality score is as follows:
half orc barbarian has met his maker 3 times so far.
the rogue got too sure of himself 3 times as well.
the dwarven fighter has been to the big mug of ale in the sky twice.
the cleric had to be dragged out once so far.
the sorcerer has successfully run from anything too terrible, no deaths.
the wizard has kept far enough from any major melee, so no deaths there either.

how does this stack up to your campaigns?

Crothian

First Post
In 8 sessions we have had three deaths, but I use a house rule making death harder; without that the deaths would be much, much higher

Harmon

First Post
In one campaign we have lost only one PC (Nightfang Spire is about half done though), and two of the parties regular NPCs, though all three have been raised.

A second campaign we lost a PC while the character was being NPCed, then that same character passed away because the Player wanted to play a different character. Later as the group was having some drama we lost yet another PC while he was being NPCed again. This campaign too has just only recently reached 11th lvl.

My most recent campaign there has been one PC death, and one regular NPC death. Usually I slaughter off NPCs left and right.

As far as your title says we have lost no Players die at the table yet ;) though there have been times. . . . :D

PS-
Oh, almost forgot- one of our GMs killed each PC except one at least once and one of the PCs died twice (at least).

I find that GMing style has a lot to do with killing PCs.

Last edited:

SidusLupus

First Post
My total body count with DMing so far has been 5 over several years of DMing different games.

However, 2 kills are within the last 3 sessions to the same player (i'm not trying to kill him intentionally!). Since they're only 5th and 6th there's no rez options yet so he's had to make new characters.

I guess my mortality rate has jumped dramatically!

Remove ads