• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Just got my Starships of the Galaxy!

Kaffis

First Post
Okay, beef number three. No help whatsoever on how to judge challenge ratings for new ships or how to adjust the challenge rating of modified ships.

Well, I suppose with the excellent Codex variety, "find something similar and guess" is easier, but the lack of even rough guidelines (I'm not asking for anything super-precise or even remotely complex, a simple "+1 CR for every five dice of weapon systems added" would help me validate and reality check) is pretty apparent.

Ah, well, c'est la vie.

Kaffis said:
Okay, beef number three. No help whatsoever on how to judge challenge ratings for new ships or how to adjust the challenge rating of modified ships.

Well, I suppose with the excellent Codex variety, "find something similar and guess" is easier, but the lack of even rough guidelines (I'm not asking for anything super-precise or even remotely complex, a simple "+1 CR for every five dice of weapon systems added" would help me validate and reality check) is pretty apparent.

Ah, well, c'est la vie.
I've been using the guidelines on the following webpage, and it seems to work out pretty well for determing a ship's Challenge Level. It's not a hard science, but it gets the job done.

http://d20seproject.vanguardcomplex.net/files/cl1.html

Blastin

First Post
Just picked this up a few days ago on an impulse buy and I Have to say I'm impressed. Great book with just enough fluff in the ship descriptions to make it interesting and not just a collection of Stats.
The new rules for modification and ship building seem good as well, but If I ever use them it will probably be to just modify one of the listed ships.
This book has really gotten me interested in possibly running SAGA, something I have yet to do.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads