• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Just how desperate are you?

Rafa WAz Here

First Post
Well really the game is more about having fun with friend's on A weekend or whenever just as long as everybody has fun doing so and about the money thing i would play but at a reasonable cost.Do you know what i mean like if you pay 10$ you better expect to get your money's worth and not even more than that it's just making it reasonable about 20$ can feed group of 6 and even have enough left over for those who are still hungry if your gonna buy,buy reasonable im not saying to be cheap about what you buy but at least buy smart.

Last edited:

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
So anyway, I'm curious to see just what lengths people have gone to for their D&D fix.
The furthest I have ever driven for any roleplaying game was about 1 hour, but I used to do that all the time when I was at university - and yes, I would go in to uni to play games on days when I had no classes. But, hell, I'd go in on days when I had no games or classes just to hang out with people, so . . .

I wouldn't pay for a game. I strongly prefer to play games with my friends, and there are even some friends with whom I'd rather not game simply because our styles are incompatible at the table. None of my friends would ever charge for a game, so (again) . . .

Last edited:

Lord Xtheth

First Post
My group and I run "Pot Luck" D&D sessions. Everyone brings a little somthing, except for me because I am poor and the DM, and everyone eats. Its a great set up

Vanuslux

Explorer
I have a DM's Tip Jar...I would never demand money for someone to play at my table, but I have no qualms about making it clear that any reimbursement for what I spend on food, drinks, and various materials (nobody ever seems to own their own pencils, minis, or dice) is greatly appreciated.

$10 is no big deal for food and snacks. I'd probably spend about that on take out anyway and home cooking is sometimes much better. That said i would be upset if it was mandatory, if i wasn't eating i wouldn't want to be paying.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
One of players was in college but also studying culinary arts, so made great food for us. We helped defray that expense. When that game was going to end because the DM left, we got a new DM (former PC) that would have to commute long during the summer gas crunch so we helped defray that cost. So things like that I'm cool with. Playing just for the sake of someone making a profit, probably not.

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
what have you done to keep playing?

Well I don't have that problem, as I have to refuse players from my tables due to lack of time, need to sleep, and too much popularity.

It depends what he gives you for food, but really no 10$ don't seem excessive to me.

What I've done for this is that we have a stock of munchies and sodas, and people bring some when they feel like it. We always end up with too much of them.

The really annoying point though, is that we have a couple of players with kids, and if we want to really enjoy the game, it is best to cast "Summon Baby Sitter IX" before the game, and boy the material components ...

Shame not everyone is participating in the cost of this.

Last edited:

Dragon Snack

First Post
I would have no problem paying someone to DM for me. Whether I enjoyed their game or not would be the real issue.

I think the biggest problem comes down to entitlement. As soon as you are paying a DM, someone is going to want extra privileges. I've seen it enough without a cash transaction...

Remove ads