• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Just in for gen con!

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
EDIT Aug. 10: Available now!

http://enworld.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=57172

E-Z TERRAIN: CLIFFS is the first set in a new series of wargaming and RPG terrain model sets we will be releasing through the end of this year. I've been quiet on this sucker as I wasn't sure we could get it done in time for Gen Con next week, but it looks like we pulled a rabbit out of the hat and this set WILL be available at Indy (99% sure.) We've gotten a huge number of requests to scale up our caverns set for a couple years now so people could make cliffs and mountains, but we could never get it to come out right... until now. We wanted the end user to be able to just make a handfull of cliff pieces and then rearrange them as necessary to build a wide variety of terrain options. The pitfall was always the pieces shifting during play, so we shelved the idea until we came up with a solution. We have now solved this problem with our exclusive E-Z KEY system, allowing you to stack sections effortlessly and accurately, always ensuring a proper alignment between sections when using gridded tops, and eliminating any shifting during play! This set also includes 'hot-swappable' features such as climbing walls (these allow you to place miniatures on the cliff sides to simulate climbing), ledges and cavern openings.

fdg0044a.jpg

fdg0044c.jpg

Our exclusive E-Z KEY system ensures accurate alignment of all sections and eliminates shifting during play!

fdg0044d.jpg

The E-Z KEY can be removed and replaced with a 'plug' for the top sections.

fdg0044e.jpg

This is just one example of the detailed textures featured in this set.
fdg0044f.jpg

fdg0044g.jpg

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
That's some amazing stuff, Tom! Congrats to you and your team on getting it ready in time for the big show! :)

fissionessence

First Post
That does look really cool. I just checked out your site to see more of your stuff, and I have a couple questions; I hope you don't mind me asking them here.

Are all the products you sell digital-only? I looked around on your site and only saw the ability to buy from RPGNow and get pdfs, and I didn't see any FAQ about your products, and how to print them, put them together, etc. It wouldn't really be useful to me if I had to print them, since it looks like they'd really be much better in cardboard.

I did see that Goodman Games is going to have an adventure that comes with cardboard stuff from you, and that makes me think that maybe you do sell cardboard versions of your stuff, but I couldn't find it.

Anyway, I really think a full FAQ about your products would be great, so that potential customers can learn more about what they're considering purchasing.

~

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
Everything we sell is in PDF (i.e. downloadable) format. They can be printed on just about any printer using cardstock you buy at Wal Mart, Staples, etc. A detailed list of supplies and building instructions are included with each set.

fissionessence

First Post
Aw okay, well thanks for the info :(
Unfortunately I have a black-and-white laser printer that I don't think can support anything buy flimsy paper. The products look awesome, though; I'll keep a look out in case you ever start selling the cardboard versions! And congratulations and good luck at GenCon.

~

Treebore

First Post
Aw okay, well thanks for the info :(
Unfortunately I have a black-and-white laser printer that I don't think can support anything buy flimsy paper. The products look awesome, though; I'll keep a look out in case you ever start selling the cardboard versions! And congratulations and good luck at GenCon.

~

I have asked him many times to print his own stuff. He is supposed to talk to another possible publisher at/after GenCon. Anyways, so far the price points he has told me still makes it cheaper for me to take the CD to Staples and have it printed there.

So until he finds a way to print this stuff for us, and sell it to us cheaper then it would be going to Staples/Kinkos/etc..., we have to print it ourselves.

The good news is Tom wants to give us the best price point he can. The bad news is he can't find a publisher that allows him to do that with print versions.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Unfortunately I have a black-and-white laser printer that I don't think can support anything buy flimsy paper.

You'd be surprised. I thought the same thing about my little B&W workhorse and it handles 110 cardstock just fine. Since some things like dungeon floors and "rocks" work well enough in B&W, I do those that way. For color, I usually use whichever of the local places has the deal going on.

Remove ads