• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Just posting to make you all jealous, I HAVE THEM

Flazzy

First Post
Majoru Oakheart said:
Well, the average on 8d6 is 28. Plus a +6 wand, an int of 28 for +9 more. That's 43.

1420 hitpoints for The Tarrasque, assuming the above is correct. Assuming 5 members of a party each doing about that much damage, then it is 215 damage a round. Of course, we'll have to assume everyone has about a 50% chance of hitting. So, 107 per round. About 14 rounds to defeat the Tarrasque without any crits, feats, or other abilities(including half damage on a miss). About right, I'd say.

I mean, that's the goal...your spells should eventually wear out a creature, not kill it in one or two hits.

Notice the Tarrasque has resist 10 all. Then again a burst 5 is probably not the power of choice against a level 30 solo (as opposed to 15 level 30 minions).

MindWanderer

First Post
Twizz Stonefist said:
Tarrasque
Earthbinding aura 40; any flying creature in the aura has its fly speed reduced to 1 and maximum altitude reduced to 20 feet (putting it within the tarrasque’s reach). Any creature above this altitude at the end of its turn falls to an altitude of 20 feet automatically.
This.

It not only makes thematic sense, it also neatly removes the Tarrasque's traditional biggest weakness. I love it.
Twizz Stonefist said:
Ranger

Level 2 Utility Exploits

Crucial Advice Ranger Utility 2
You are wise in all things. The sooner your friends realize this, the
safer and better off they’ ll be.

Text removed by admin.
This too.

I can see from this and other powers that a high-Wis ranger is going to be an awesome thing. My first character, the elven cleric/ranger, will definitely be using this for a while.

Things I dislike:
- Warlock options. It seems that warlocks don't get to choose much of anything beyond their pact. Their at-will and paragon path are set in stone after that (although: is there a feat that allows a warlock to make more than one pact? If not now, probably in Arcane Power). And conversely, it looks like no other class can take a warlock paragon path. At least it looks like higher-level powers aren't quite as restrictive, although taking cross-pact powers looks like shooting yourself in the foot.
- Epic destinies. Only four? And they're all power source-focused? Man, the 3.5e Epic Destiny article made them look so much better. A typical party will have the same destiny for two or even three characters. I can see it in an RPGA game: "Nice to meet you. What are you up to?" "Oh, just trying to become a deity." "What a coincidence, me too!"
- Berbalang? Berbalang in the MM? Full of fail.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'd love to see Cleric information. If they can use shields, their skills, their 2 class options and their 2 melee at-wills, any would be great.

Also any PHB Diety info, especially Moradin.

Many thanks!

Twizz Stonefist

First Post
Level 29 Daily Spells

Curse of the Dark Delirium Warlock (Fey) Attack 29
You trap your enemy’s mind with bewildering fey power.

Doom of Delban Warlock (Star) Attack 29
Hit: 5d10 + Constitution modifier cold damage.

Hurl through Hell Warlock (Infernal) Attack 29
Hit: 7d10 + Constitution modifier fire damage

Last edited:

Remove ads