Just Remembering

Treebore

First Post
Outside of military friends I have lost grandparents at ages where losing them is kind of expected. The hardest losses for me were when David died in front of me at the age of 13, and of a heart attack due to a messed up valve in his heart that they never discovered until his autopsy. The second toughest loss for me was Heather, my nephews mother. She had a rough life growing up, even ugly, had her life all turned around and looking good, just finished getting her nursing degree. Then we found out she had cancer and she died six months later. Age 21 in 2003. She left behind my nephew and his half sister Regan, ages 8 and 4. Yes, she gave birth to my nephew when she was 13. I told you she had a hard life, and Brett, then regan, were the lights that gave her the strength to turn her life around. Then she got slammed with a nasty cancer.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
An old friend from elementary school died just, like, 3 years ago, in his early 20s. Apparently heroin (and possibly other stuff) had ruined his health so much that he died less than a year after kicking the habit. We didn't have much contact over the last decade of his life (different interests and all), so I didn't even know he had been taking the stuff. Learning about that and his death was a bit of a shock.

Remove ads