just sitting there, reading the PHB

nHammer

First Post
alsih2o said:
my wife unit has been sick. she has spent the last couple of days with a sour stomach.

she never relaxes enough, so i thought it good that she was taking it easy and went in to check on her. she was laying across the bed reading the PHB. i was amazed.

i asked what she was doing (innocently) and she responded "well, if i am gonna play this (danged) game with you i figured i should read some of this."

just sitting there, reading the book from the beginning. not looking up a solution, or browsing, but reading with real interest.

and i am left here thinking i got a cool, late xmas present....

Sounds like she's a keeper... :D :D :D

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Ranger REG said:
where you will hear among them some non-man words like "uvula"
[Inigo Montoya] That word you keep using. I think it does not mean what you think it means. [/Inigo Montoya]
The uvula is that thingie that hangs down in the back of your throat, dude.

And Clay, that's way cool! So maybe the two of you will come up and visit us for a weekend of gaming sometime?

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Buttercup said:
[Inigo Montoya] That word you keep using. I think it does not mean what you think it means. [/Inigo Montoya]

Oh, it means what he thinks it means. That thingie that hangs in the back of your throat is not likely to upset Granny, now is it?

Jolly Giant

First Post
Congrats alsih2o!

I'm lucky enough to have gamer-girlfriend too! (Shameless bragging...) We've been together a little over 6 years and she joined our d&d group almost at once. She was completely new to RPGs, but got hooked already while rolling up her first character! :p

We redecorated our apartment just before christmas and she put away all the pictures from our livingroom walls. Then she went into town and bought 3 posters with pictures of dragons on them and 3 gilded frames...

I say she's a keeper too! :D

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Buttercup said:

[wince]

You're named after a character in the movie! Show some respect!

-Hyp.

Darklone

Yummy... yeah, my gf plays too since I started a gaming group for her circle of friends who always wanted to do RPGs but never had someone who knew any games or had DMed ...

In the beginning she didn't participate, mainly watch and listen, then I bought her a PHB (in German) and she read it page by page...

She's still not too interested in rules, but she loves her character.

alsih2o

First Post
Buttercup said:
The uvula is that thingie that hangs down in the back of your throat, dude.

And Clay, that's way cool! So maybe the two of you will come up and visit us for a weekend of gaming sometime?

i am working on the brother visit/bc game :)

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Crothian said:
We'll get a quiz together for her, Clay, to make sure she's really reading the material. :D

Heh.

1. Mialee, a 7th level Wizard with 10 Constitution and 16 hit points, uses Polymorph to turn into a Troll. What is her new hit point total?

2. Mialee casts Enlarge Person on Regdar. How much does his full plate armor weigh after the spell takes effect?

3. Mialee casts Invisibility on herself. Can she see herself or not?

4. In a pitch-black underground cavern, Jozan, an 8th level cleric, casts Darkness. As an human, how far can he now see? What about Mialee the elf? What about Krusk the half-orc?

5. Jozan casts an Empowered Cure Light Wounds on Krusk. How many hit points are healed?

6. Mialee casts Mirror Image. If an orc tries to attack her, is the orc more likely to hit with his eyes open or closed?

7. Do you want to play a spell-caster?

-Hyp.

Remove ads