• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Just Two... More... Days!

Tom Servo

First Post
After that, I might nervously glance at the ENWorld Next forums, from behind the sofa.

I will be making a point of staying away from here until my group gets it's first solid game in and we've had a chance to discuss it. I want a solid opinion of the materials both as a document and as a play experience before I read any reviews or opinions by the community at large.

Remathilis

Legend
I wonder how much of the rules we're going to get...

The PAX playtests were all done by designers, so we can assume they knew more of the rules than the char-sheets let on. Even if we don't get char-gen and such, there has got to be some general rules for handling corner-case stuff...

* A good explanation on how to set DCs for actions not assumed in the text.
* Mundane gear and weapons/armor.
* Magic items and what they do.
* How to resolve attacks, saves, ability checks, spells, etc.

Just to name a few.

I can still imagine that this playtest book could be easily 60+ pages.

A

amerigoV

I'll be playing in a playtest at Origins next week. Here is the feedback I plan on giving them :p

• Need more THAC0 (its like cowbell, only better!)
  • Psionics needs to be acquired randomly. Perhaps on a roll of "00" at character generation
  • We need a new PC race - FlumphBorn!
  • Healing Stirges!
  • Hit Points should be descending. AC should be multiples of Pi
  • Harlot Miscibility Table!
  • Skills should be rolled 5d4 roll under Score

If that does not lead to an awesome game I do not know what will.

Last edited:

Ichneumon

First Post
I will be making a point of staying away from here until my group gets it's first solid game in and we've had a chance to discuss it. I want a solid opinion of the materials both as a document and as a play experience before I read any reviews or opinions by the community at large.

Not leaping on here to post a frothing missive before you've finished reading page 1 of the rules? You, sir, are a rare and precious specimen.

delericho

Legend
I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up. So I'm keeping a tight lid on my excitement.

Still... yeah, I'm looking forward to it.

Tom Servo

First Post
I'll be playing in a playtest at Origins next week. Here is the feedback I plan on giving them :p

• Need more THAC0 (its like cowbell, only better!)
  • Psionics needs to be acquired randomly. Perhaps on a roll of "00" at character generation
  • We need a new PC race - GnomeBorn!
  • Healing Stirges!
  • Hit Points should be descending. AC should be multiples of Pi
  • Harlot Miscibility Table!
  • Skills should be rolled 5d4 roll under Score

If that does not lead to an awesome game I do not know what will.

Can't XP ya, but this made me lol.

Surmos

First Post
Potential spoiler:

I heard a rumor that one of them will be a 12!

This edition will never sell giving they type of ability score..

Just lol.
Btw also if paladins aren't LG this edition will fail.
Also if Dragonborn are in this edition it will fail.

Yes. Those 2 things are all it takes.
These forums are hilarious sometimes.

Remove ads