• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Justification for favored classes... Is there any?

Bendris Noulg

First Post
Well, in your example, you have an Elf that starts as a Wizard. My question is more about when you don't have levels in either or a background that would promote one above the other?

Ace

Adventurer
Sagan Darkside said:
Salutations,

I am not fond of the system, but I like the ideas of it differntiating the other races from human.

If all the races are only different from human due to their physical features, then it just seems silly to me to have them at all.

That being all said- I change the favored class for other races in each campeign.

SD

As do I. Your post sums up exactly how I feel.

I think the Prefered class is a flavor issue and not a game balance one. In theory at least all classes are mostly equal so if you wish to make the Dwarf prefered class Cleric there should be no problems

I don't think allowing 2 or 3 related prefered classes is a problem either, FREX IMC Elves may choose 1 of Bard, Sorcerer, Spll Singer or Spell Dancer as a prefered class

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads