• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kah-Boooom!

Ferret

Explorer
A friend of mine re-enacts world war two battles in his spare time, and his section want a mortar. They don't want to fire anything off, like an actual mortar. They just want some sound and lights to make the crowds go oooh and ahhh.

They've considered Petrol and Gunpowder but both give off too much smoke, but I don't know what else they have considered.

So...I was wondering does anyone know what sort of stuff they could use?

Safty and all that considered of course!

buzzard

First Post
Hmm, if you weren't in England I'd suggest smokeless powder. It's easy enough to get here for reloading ammunition. Maybe you could look into powdered aluminium (even spelled it your way). It will go up in a pretty spectacular fashion.

buzzard

Heckler

First Post
I've been trying to find out what U.S. Civil War re-enactors use for their cannons and how you might go about getting such stuff, but I'm not having any luck.

It sounds like your friend does this on his own. You may want to check some organized war re-enactors and see what they use (assuming you have such things over there).

Something else to check (again, if you have them) is an outdoor drama. The ones near me are set in the frontiersmen days, so there's a lot of muskets and such going off.

And always, when dealing with 'splosives, BE CAREFUL.

Ferret

Explorer
They are part of the LHA (living history association), but they need something cheap I think to save on their low funds.

Remove ads