D&D 5E Kate Welch has left WotC

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I have no idea why she is no longer working with WoTC. Only she and her manager knows, and that's their business and a lot of the speculation isn't very helpful. But she does not have another job lined up. She was in IG asking what jobs she should apply for, so it sounds like it wasn't for a new opportunity.

Totally agree about speculation here, but I am sorry to hear that about her looking for jobs. That's never good.

ccs

41st lv DM
Or Hasbro is losing a bunch of money right now.

Their stock price went from 100 to a little over 40 in a month. Since then, it's plateaued at a little under 80. So a lot of very rich investors have lost a LOT of money. They need to make up in overhead costs.

Damn, wish I'd seen that dip then.
At a quick glance, it looks like it was in March. But I was too busy dealing with Mom's estate & searching for toilet paper atm. :(

Sacrosanct

Legend
Well, it sounds like, based on her Twitch feed, that she resigned, as the direction of the company's decisions didn't align with her own. To paraphrase, "When the company says this is the way to do things because it has to be, I get it, and I understand, but it doesn't have to be my reality." She didn't elaborate what those were, and I'd caution against speculation.

Regardless of what you think of her, that takes courage. And I wish her the best.

Remove ads