• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Kate Welch's adventure anthology. What happened to it?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The elemental adventurer's handbook was what I was referring to when I said "since the beginning." When they said it couldn't be cancelled because it was never announced. They did end up offering most if it for free didn't they. I don't know why corporations are so afraid of saying: "Hey, we made a mistake and..."

Actually, I'm given to undertstand that much of what they tested never saw the light of day. We'll probably get some details in 25 years in the definitive coffee table history of 5E...

From the description I wouldn't be surprised if it is actually a construct, not a dragon when we see the stats. What is the clockwork dragon? I forget which book that is in.
Is suspect it is some other dragon (Icingdeath resurrected?) that has absorbed chardalyn and been transformed, similarly to a shadow dragon.

dave2008

Legend
Is suspect it is some other dragon (Icingdeath resurrected?) that has absorbed chardalyn and been transformed, similarly to a shadow dragon.
Could be, but the article you linked says:

"This dragon is a construct crafted from chardalyn, a mysterious substance that is cold as black ice and yet harder than steel. "

1598718290352.png

PS - That is one big mini!

pukunui

Legend
Actually, I'm given to undertstand that much of what they tested never saw the light of day. We'll probably get some details in 25 years in the definitive coffee table history of 5E...
I wish they would make that stuff public. There was a ton of cool content that never made it into either the free Elemental Evil Player's Companion or the SCAG. I can't talk about any of it, though, because of my NDA. :(

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I don't know why corporations are so afraid of saying: "Hey, we made a mistake and..."
Harassment from fans is the issue in the videogame industry. ("We can't trust Blizzard! Blizzard lied to us when they showed us something two years before the final release and changed things along the way!") I have to imagine the tabletop industry, where there's less separation between creators and customers, has even more of it.

Remove ads