[KAUAI]The Rod of Seven Parts: Of Hexes and Gems

Argent Silvermage

First Post
The kobold waves his hands in the air as if warding off a curse. "Oh heavens no. I had meant, have they not gone into the country side to capture the offenders. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the patrols here in the city." He scratches his mussle for a moment and his eyes open wide. "Mayhaps We could investigate. I have heard of adventurers doing so in the past. We could be a great boon to the city if we succeed."

Gamad

Raising his eyes from the glass to the kobold, human and elf speakers, Gamad leans forward to listen. To adventure in the wild, going out of this city, travel the lands again, sound like a good idea, and I'm familiar with the kobold and goblin … well, sort of.
he thinks to himself and keep glancing at the three.

Rino

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
Mayhaps We could investigate. I have heard of adventurers doing so in the past. We could be a great boon to the city if we succeed."

Dter looks in the direction of the Kobold and makes his way through the crowd to him. he doesn't gets to close but he stays within hearing distance of the 2.

Dter thinks by himself "finaly some action"

BRP2

First Post
H. Lewit pokes the tip of the rod as he stares at it with curiosity. "Healing you say?" He tilts his head to the left slightly and nods. "Later is fine, unless there is more to this healing than you say"

SlagMortar

First Post
Dter said:
So Vaja, am I less important then a guy that just walked in and didn't even order yet then a priest that just got a beer?
Vaja said:
"'Scuse me a second time, gents. Lynnya's in over her head over there with Gamad, so I'm to the rescue."
*To Dter* "Don't be offended. She's always off to serve the next drink or take care of the next customer. She means no offense, it's just a busy place." He leaves the big brute comment alone. If Vaja wants a big brute, a big brute he can be.

Brakkus follows Dter over to where Vaja, the kobold, and the elf girl talk. "If these thugs need convincing to leave honest folk alone, I'm sure me and the old ball and chain could help out." He thinks, And it will give me a chance to prove my worth, even if its against baseborn rogues.
Aloud he says, "Perhaps you should come with us, Vaja, to translate" and leaning in closer to her "and to help keep a brute's blankets warm," he finishes with a wink.

Ambrus

Explorer
Maelicent keeps to the shadows beneath the bar, moving from cover to cover behind the row of ladders, careful not to touch the perched giant-kins' dangling legs. The stealthy goblin tries to stay close to the straw-haired wall-cleaner and the elf-archer as they are joined by a kobold oddly dressed in finery. Mael's saw-toothed pointed ears catch some parts of the group's conversation and Maelicent tries his best to contain his excitement. They're planning a raid! Finally! So that's what this place is for; it's where adventurers gather to plan their assaults.

The Gudwulf warrior's mind races and he tries to determine the best way to exploit this news. He continues to secretly observe the exchange for the time being.

As Rancid places the black metal wand on the chess table, Traven's head whips around to stare. His post at the doorway utterly forgotten, the skinny bouncer outright stares at Lewit and Rancid, his gaze alternating between the pair and the wand on the table. Licking thin lips so that they shin red with spittle, Traven starts to cross the common room, making directly for the chess table.

Vaja colours and stammers at Brakkus. It's clear that, forward as her flirting from behind the bar may be, the lass is out of her element. Some of her composure lost, Vaja neglects responding to Brakkus's invitation about the blanket and instead replies, "Translate? I couldn't leave the bar, Frane'd--"

From the chess table, Rancid leans in conspiratorially and whispers at Lewit. "Oh-ho, does it ever! It's magic, it is. I tell you, sir, a real magic wand." Rancid hesitates as an idea blossoms in his head then continues. "I'll sell it to you. I need some quick cash. 5000 gold crowns sounds about--"

Both Vaja and Rancid break off at the same time as a boom of a thud reverberates through the din of the gambling hall. The Cockatrice grows a little quieter and Vaja and Frane exchange a worried look. Cheal reaches for his sword and whispers to his cronies just as Frane reaches beneath the bar and hauls out a malicious looking spiked flail that hangs from a length of chain affixed to a bit of wooden handle. As soon as Frane pulls out the flail, someone shrieks in terror from the back of the festhall, in the kitchen.

Initiative
Maelicent 22 (higher dex, goes first)
Pilgrim 22
Terror in the Kitchen 20
Gamad 21
Cockatrice NPCs 14
Lewit 13
Brakkus 10
Dter 5
Voadam 4

It's on. Post your actions. After 24 hours, if someone has not posted for their PC, I will NPC that character for that round. Your action will be resolved in the stated initiative order. Please include attack, weapon/spell used, and damage in your post.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Unarmed and unarmored Pilgrim still rushes towards the back of the 'trice headed for the kitchen to see what the scream is about. He yells to Vaja, "Quickly! Call for the millitia!" As he passes the Dwarf he says "Gamad! Stay behind me and keep low."

SlagMortar

First Post
Brakkus silently curses himself for a fool for being so forward, but has little time to reflect on his clumsy words as combat errupts.

Brakkus moves toward the nearest threat (or the kitchen if none materialized by his turn), drawing his flail on the way, and swinging it in a two handed blow. Scanning the room as he thinks, I trusts the paladin, Vaja and Frane, but I'm not sure where the rest of these stand. He tries to keep in a position where he can not be surrounded by Cheal and his men.

OOC: Brakkus's armor, shield, and guisarme are with his horse.
A threat is anyone who attacks an unarmed person, or any new person/creature who attacks anyone.
Combat expertise for +1 to AC for total AC 13.
Attacks against medium and smaller humanoids will be to trip with followup for damage. Drop the flail to avoid counter trip, if necessary.
Attack: +3, Damage: 1d8+4, trip check +7.

Rino

First Post
Dter grabs his shield from his back and at the suprise of most people he doesn't draw any weapon. he swings his shield at Frane or Cheal who ever is closest to him at the moment.

OOC: +2 spiked wooden heavy shield 1d6+2 20/x2

Remove ads