• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keen multiplier?

Aestolia

First Post
Hi everyone,

Alright, so Keen doubles the threat range for a +1 Mod
Is there any magical mods for increasing the crit multiplier?

Closest I've found is something in Book of Vile Darkness:

Harrowheart (specific weapon) - a +2 rapier that deals a x3 crit on good creatures instead of the normal x2

The price of Harrowheart places it at less than a +3 weapon, but significantly more than a +2.

If this ability did exist I'd assume that it was +1 since that would account for the price, it doesn't cost as much as a +3 because the ability has a limiter on it - vs good only.

Any input?

Infiniti2000

First Post
Increasing the threat range by one is roughly equivalent to increase the multiplier by one. So, that puts the price somewhere right here (points vaguely in the air). Now you also see why the price on keen isn't really well thought out. Maybe if this new enhancement "doubled" the multiplier, it would be equivalent in price to keen. By doubling, I suppose you could say (e.g.) that x2 becomes x3, x3 becomes x5, and x4 becomes x7. Dunno for sure, though, whatever floats your boat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads