• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keep on Shadowfell with a 7yo

Colawley

First Post
That is great! And using the Lego men as minis is a great idea also. I might have to give that a try in 2 weeks when I sit down to play KotS with my 10 and 12 year old sons for the first time.

The Little Raven

First Post
Colawley said:
That is great! And using the Lego men as minis is a great idea also. I might have to give that a try in 2 weeks when I sit down to play KotS with my 10 and 12 year old sons for the first time.

They work great. My friend's six year-old loves them, and we spray-painted a large Lego base in a checkerboard pattern, and ran him through Scalegloom Hall. He's now running KotS for three of his friends, and they're all loving it (even if they do call one of us into the room every ten minutes to explain something). The four of them, together, pleaded with him and I to buy them a set of core books to use. We talked to our FLGS owner about getting another set from the kids, and he offered to give up his copies for them. The joys of nerd community. :)

mattdm

First Post
Colawley said:

We have an ongoing (low-intensity) fight in our gaming group. A couple of us love them, and others hate them with a deep, abiding passion. The latter group enjoys minis for their own sake and feels they add to immersion in the game — they're serious game objects which represent who you are. On the other side, I feel like the player (and the character sheet) represent the character at all times, and using Lego helps us remember the game is up here, not down on the battle mat.

Plus, they're cute.

jinnetics

Explorer
mattdm said:
We have an ongoing (low-intensity) fight in our gaming group. A couple of us love them, and others hate them with a deep, abiding passion. The latter group enjoys minis for their own sake and feels they add to immersion in the game — they're serious game objects which represent who you are. On the other side, I feel like the player (and the character sheet) represent the character at all times, and using Lego helps us remember the game is up here, not down on the battle mat.

Plus, they're cute.

It seem to me someone could really cash in by inventing a minifig-type toy that looks more like "serious" miniatures but has swappable components so they could be customized.

mithril

First Post
With Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones out recently for the gaming platforms, it seems only natural to introduce Lego D&D!

hong

WotC's bitch
mithril said:
With Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones out recently for the gaming platforms, it seems only natural to introduce Lego D&D!
Crap, you said Lego D&D and I had a premature Gleemax.

Remove ads