Keep on the Borderland ... how long does it take?

dcas

First Post
I've been using the module for 8 sessions (3-4 hours each) so far and the players are nowhere near done (SPOILERS BELOW):

- They have not done any of the wilderness encounters (they've even missed the Mad Hermit IIRC);

- They killed the Ogre and the Minotaur and drove out the kobolds and goblins;

- The bugbears made mincemeat out of them!

- They have encountered the hobgoblins but haven't driven them out or killed them;

- They got fooled by the evil priest in the Keep (whom I actually made a fake priest!);

- On the other hand, they have made nice with the Castellan and travelled to Yggsburgh.

You can read about it in my blog. We actually haven't played in a year, but we're getting ready to start up again.

Melan

Explorer
My KotB one-shot went something like this: the PCs explored the Keep, gathered information and tips on possible adventures. Thereafter, they started to look for the bandits in the wilderness. Unfortunately for them, they run into the spider lair, where two were immediately killed by poison. The other two still managed to take out a few bandits from ambush, and carry a prisoner back to the keep for interrogation. They never even got close to the Caves of Chaos.

Remove ads