• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keep on the Borderlands as an intro to RttToEE

capgun

First Post
I'm thinking of using KotB as an intro to RttToEE (or possibly the original ToEE) and was wondering if anyone else has tried this and could share some tips.

Thanks!

I'm diaglo's DM, and I can say it definitely works ... especially if you make the clerics in the Caves of Chaos minions of the same church as ToEE (level wise, without modification, it links up better with RttToEE, though). I'm using the Keep from KoB as the base town instead of "Hommlet", but with some of the NPCs transposed. Note that if you read our story hour it isn't a direct transition -- there are a couple of original adventures, side treks, and a good bit of Forge of Fury (and a near-TPK) between KoB and the Moathouse.

Check out Milo Windby's story hour, too -- they did a direct Keep-ToEE campaign that seems to be very successful.

Endur

First Post
Keep to Rttoe

I did the same thing for a campaign I was using.

It worked great. And it makes sense that Tharzidun would have servants in more than one location.

I put Hommelet to the south of the keep (off the map) and the ruined moathouse was in the great swamp to the south of the keep (off the map).

Tom

frog

Explorer
We did it as a prequel to the original ToEE. See "Milo Windby's Story Hour" for a look at how it turned out. I feel that the two make an excellent pair.

Remove ads