• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keep on the Shadowfell=Keep on the Borderlands?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
(Thanks for the link)

Ok, as of today:

H1 Keep on the Shadowfell
D&D Adventure
Bruce R. Cordell and Mike Mearls

Item Code 217187400
Release Date May 2008
Format Trade Paperback
Page Count 64
ISBN 978-0-7869-4850-5
Price $24.95 ; C$32.95

An introductory 4th Edition D&D adventure for characters of levels 1-3

The town of Winterhaven stands watch over a ruined keep that was once a bastion of good in the realm. This keep overlooks the Shadow Rift, a dark scar in the world that was once a gateway to the Shadowfell but has been dormant for many years. Now, an evil cleric of Orcus, Demon Lord of the Undead, seeks to re-open the gate, and the only thing standing in his way is a small yet determined band of heroes.

Keep on the Shadowfell is an exciting Dungeons & Dragons adventure designed for characters of levels 1–3. It includes three double-sided poster maps suitable for use with D&D Miniatures.

EDIT: Note the 64 page count. But we don't really know about handouts along with the maps, which could be important in this kind of product.

Lord Xtheth

First Post
Mourn said:
Keep on the Shadowfell
- $30
- Requires no additional books.
- Comes with pregenerated characters.
- Comes with quickstart/basic rules.
- Comes with 3 poster maps for miniatures.
- Levels 1-3
- Not sure of page count. One source said 96 pages, but also described it as multiple booklets, like a box set or something. Amazon lists it as a hardcover book.

Dragons of Winter
- $30
- Requires core books, Dragonlance Campaign Setting, and War of the Lance.
- Does not come with pregenerated characters.
- Does not come with quickstart/basic rules.
- Does not come with poster maps for miniatures.
- Levels 9-11
- 204 pages
- It's probably also good to have gone through Dragons of Autumn first.

Unless the page count is drastically smaller than Dragons of Winter (like 96 pages altogether), I don't see the problem. It's a good value as an introductory product that requires nothing but some dice.
Throw some dice in while you're at it and I'm sold!

Ywain

First Post
They aren't even selling through stock anymore.

Yeah, I was really hoping to see prices drop by next year. I could understand it when the Canadian dollar was US$0.70, but now that it is hovering around equal it is a pure money grab. I'm not sure where in the supply chain the money is going to go though -- WotC? Wholesalers?

It won't be the game-stores, I'm sure.

DarkKestral

First Post
Kaodi said:
And we continue to get soaked, despite parity...

And Europeans have been soaked like that for years... what's the big deal? If Europeans have had to deal with 40-50% markups for years, a measly 2-10% markup won't kill you.

Admittedly, more companies should adjust prices to account for long-term currency trends, but there's also a fairly good reason why they haven't adjusted the markup: it's only been stronger for a few weeks. Wait 5-10 years and see if prices don't change.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Can you buy from Amazon US (or another US supplier) and have it shipped? (I use to get things from Amazon UK while in France).

Remove ads