• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keep "Story Origin" books separate from core "Campaign Setting" books

Burticusb

First Post
This is what I sent them...

"I would like to request that this rulebook becomes Legal in all Story Origins with in the Adventurer's League.

This book contains way too many core Forgotten Realms information for it to be segregated from the other source material.

I don't even feel it should be qualified as a Story Origin book, since there is no specific "story" attached to it, nor is it considered a seasonal book.

I have already had a new player want to join my d&d table only to leave because his character concept was not Legal according to these rules.

He also then returned the book to the store he purchased it from.

I don't think this is the direction that you want this program to advertise the brand or hobby."

Steve_MND

First Post
This is what I sent them...

"I would like to request that this rulebook becomes Legal in all Story Origins with in the Adventurer's League."

Which book exactly are you referring to here? The SCAG? Because if so, that book is already legal for all Story Origins within the Adventurer's League. Season One characters can use it, Season Two characters can use it, Season Three characters can use it. Or are you talking about the fact that Season Two characters have to make choice between using either the SCAG or the EE Player's Guide? Because if so, that's a different issue altogether.

Steve_MND

First Post
I believe he wants all books to be legal for every setting in addition to the ones specific to an adventure/SO. (Use the SCAG and the EEPC)

No, I kinda got that; just that if that was his intent, he might want to resubmit the suggestion. What he's asking for according to his quote was something that is already legal.

Burticusb

First Post
Which book exactly are you referring to here? The SCAG? Because if so, that book is already legal for all Story Origins within the Adventurer's League. Season One characters can use it, Season Two characters can use it, Season Three characters can use it. Or are you talking about the fact that Season Two characters have to make choice between using either the SCAG or the EE Player's Guide? Because if so, that's a different issue altogether.

Your later question is the one I'm targeting...

Burticusb

First Post
It has been continually stated that these are story origins, and that you would have to chose between those two to use either or...

I have no problem resubmitting, but I think it's pretty clear and unnecessary... but I can see where if you pick it apart you could make it appear to be two different things.

Which I know that they are, but I'm sure when a rep gets in touch with me I can explain it more efficiently if needed.

Remove ads